100% cpu usage problems

slowonder

Reaction score
I keep having problems with 100% cpu usage. The phone will get really slow and not respond. Only does it for bout 10 min then the notification goes away. I have watchdog and its not telling me that apps are using over 40%. Not sure what to do here. This is also my 3rd one in a month. First one the antenna quit and the second one the speakers stopped working within a day. Any help would be nice. Oh I have the same apps on this one I did with my first one and never had a problem like this.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Surprising seeing you have a 1.2 Ghz processor. There is a app called fast reboot (free). It always helps me when my phone gets slow it will free up 150mb of ram in my case. Also can you overclock or change the voltage? That helps too

Sent from my rooted DROID2

OP
S

slowonder

Reaction score
Im not rooted yet. Im getting really close to rooting with z4 though. Ya I know i didnt have this problem with my original d2g. I use restaurant story and bakery story at the same time and it goes to 100% usage. My gf uses the same stuff on her droid X and doesn't have a problem. My battery doesn't get hot or anything either. It just runs really slow for a min or 2 after I shut down the programs.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try rooting, but be warned its addictive. I mean I loved my d2 before but after rooting it was like the doors were open and I was hooked

OP
S

slowonder

Reaction score
Im afraid to though at the same time cause of all the problems I've had with these phones.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I would suggest not rooting until you figure out the problem. When that happens go to menu, manage apps, running apps and see what's going on. You may be able to get to it before the processes are shut down to see what's using the memory. Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
S

slowonder

Reaction score
I went in and just turned the notification off. It only happens when I use those 2 games I don't know why. I tried that and it shows nothing.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure then. I hope someone will be able to help