1 recipient sent to, 2 dif contacts reciece text msg

Human_Droid

Reaction score
This is the second time in the past few months that I've sent a msg to one person and another person also gets the same msg.

I use handcent. Droid Bionic and previously Droid X.

What the heck is going on? This can be very disturbing

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
i called verizon today with the same problem on my thunderbolt. they claimed there was a software patch coming out very soon to FIX this.. i told them this is scary.... under the thunderbolt support section they have a PDF talking about this problem... and when i called verizonwireless they said they have been getting calls about this alot recently.

OP
H

Human_Droid

Reaction score
This is scary stuff.

So a patch, huh? A patch for what? A patch for the app software or Android OS? or their networks, the hardware?

They need to fix this ASAP. I started seeing it on my Droid X, after Android version 2.3.3, System version 4.5.596 MB810

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
they told me my TB would eventually get 2 patches. he (the rep) didnt say what the patches were exactly other than one of them were the 2.3 software update. but he said he didnt see me getting the 2.3 BEFORE the other patch to correct the sms problems... he thought the would correct this problem first then give the 2.3 . the verizon rep was very friendly, but you can tell he was limited to Not giving out too much infomation.