1/3 no facebook updates since yesterday

AngelCTMH

Reaction score
What should I check for. There isn't a "sync" for it like emails is there?

MarkPhlipy

Reaction score
Thought I'd pop in here and offer some commisseration, no it's not just you. My Motorola-native "Social Networking" widget stopped on New Year's Eve, along with the News feed widget, and now I'm starting to see other problems such as the inability to delete the Facebook account and receiving an error message when I try to check for system updates.

SOMETHING went wrong on New Year's Eve, or shortly thereafter, and so far no one at Verizon or Motorola has gotten the message yet.

I'm having a hard time believing it's my phone, or that a hard-reset is the only solution.

So you Droid Tech-savvy folks, I'm waitin' with Angel!

Thanks!

radnjb

Reaction score
new to droid

I received my Droid X Global as a surprise for Christmas...I am just getting used to it and setting up it for my personal usage. I thought I had done something wrong, as I too, no longer get updates for news features, facebook, my own personal status, etc... I tried to undo facebook and it tells me I am not allowed to do that. SO as I google searched ways to refresh, restart my phone, I am GREATLY relieved to happen upon this thread! I will wait patiently now knowing that somewhere at google there must be someone with skill figuring out what happened as of New Years Day!

PHEW!
Thank you!

mrapollinax

Reaction score
Ok, I wasn't seeing any issues with the "Android" FB Widget. Seeing how this might be a Motorola issue with the Blur Widget you could try loading the Android Widget and see if it updates correctly or not. Since I loaded Fission ROM this weekend I no longer have access to the Blur Widgets to test this.

tx_angel

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me... stopped receiving updates, couldn't post, and was unable to delete FB account and start over. Yesterday I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with Verizon Tech Support and they had no clue what was going on. It took a factory reset and a reactivation of my phone to get things to working again. There were other issues with my phone freezing up, becoming so hot I couldn't hold it, etc. so I was overnited a new phone.

I received my D2 Global as a Christmas present. Hubby has Droid X and nothing went wrong with his. Glad to know I wasn't the only one with the issue. I just found this forum today and from now on I will be checking here when something strange happens. Regardless of the problems I have had, I love my Droid!:biggrin: :byestorm:

Mouneet

Reaction score
I am experiencing the same issue. Social Networking widget just stopped updating and is now showing "No recent unseen updates". I tried deleting the FB and Twitter accounts from MotoBlur, but, to my surprise, its not even allowing me to delete those account. It is giving an error stating "Your request was denied, please try again." So, there's definitely something wrong with the MotoBlur Account Sync. Someone please help solve this!!