Problem sync'ing facebook with contact pictures

aorr17314

Reaction score
I sync'd my contacts with my facebook contacts so now the pictures are showing as profile pictures from facebook, but none of them are updating to their current profile pictures, they are staying the same as the day I synced them. Is there a way I can update them? Even my profile picture wont update on my phone.

mrapollinax

Reaction score
Try this:

Menu > Settings > Accounts > FB Account > Menu > "Sync Now"

Do you see the updates now? If you go in and edit the contact is the FB picture updated?

OP
A

aorr17314

Reaction score
mrapollinax thanks for the suggestion but when i go into my account settings and into fb settings there is no menu to sync now, it only allows me to change my password. and i tryed your other suggestion with editing my contacts but that didnt work either. its so frustrating!!! even my picture wont update :-(

mrapollinax

Reaction score
Hmmm.... I'm running Fission ROM. Are you running the Stock ROM with all the Moto Blur stuff? When I go into my Accounts and select FB I get a page with a button to remove account and if i press the menu button I can "sync now."

So far I can confirm that the steps above work as I have had 6 or so friends update their profile pic and it is now reflected in my contact list.

OP
A

aorr17314

Reaction score
haha i have no idea what i am running, its whatever came with the phone its the droid 2 global. i dont know if that helps?? im still new at all of this stuff!

OP
A

aorr17314

Reaction score
ok i checked it out... well hopefully the problem gets fixed, so i guess there isnt much i can do until it gets fixed! thanks for your help! :)

shalyse

Reaction score
With stock ROM I found that if you remove your facebook account and then reload it, it will resnyc but you need the facebook app for Droid already downloaded to properly sync. When you go to re-add the facebook account make sure to pick the facebook icon with darker blue (there will be 2 to choose from). The darker blue one syncs it properly with facebook.

marawrcus

Reaction score
Hey i used the syncmypix and i loading up the app and signed in and a lot of the friends i have said "cannt syn pic" when i clicked on the contact it couldn't load it brought up the pic. But when i held down the contact and asked if i wanted to "link to contact" it couldn't sync it. It said "cannot acess read only" What can i do

LoMoPo

Reaction score
With stock ROM I found that if you remove your facebook account and then reload it, it will resnyc but you need the facebook app for Droid already downloaded to properly sync. When you go to re-add the facebook account make sure to pick the facebook icon with darker blue (there will be 2 to choose from). The darker blue one syncs it properly with facebook.

I'm experiencing the same problem as described. This suggestion actually did work. Menu>settings>accounts>facebook account>Remove. It will ask you where you want your picture source to come from for your contacts. Pick something else for now-I picked Myspace.

When you re-add the facebook account, I have 2 icons, but only one lets me add it, which is okay. I selected it to be my new picture source and so far so good. It has updated the pics. The only issue now is that some pictures are remaining as Myspace pics instead of FB pics or contact shortcut pics aren't the same as my contact pics. I'm hoping time and maybe a reboot will fix the quirks.