Zune App

drummerq

Reaction score
What'sthe apps name

Try out this app, it isn't zune-like but it is a pretty nice music player.

chart

Champers

Reaction score
The app's name is "3" (note that it is superscripted, so you won't be able to search for it easily).

OP
J

JEchoff

Reaction score
I tried 3, and while it was nice, I did have some gripes with it. I found it to be really hard to skip foward and back, and I thought the whole organization was a bit complicated.

Reaction score
Any music player that's going to replace the stock one for me absolutely has to have hardware controls. I'm not in love with the stock player by any means, but Music Control Lite allows me to pause/skip using the camera button while the droid is in my pocket. If anyone makes a zune app, make sure to add in this feature!

Scribble

Reaction score
I would love something like this...

Or any APP that can play the Windows Plays for Sure DRM scheme, so I could use music downloaded from a zune subscription on the droid.

All I want is to be able to use the same subscription music and playlists on my computer, my xbox, and my droid.

91jolson

Reaction score

Or any APP that can play the Windows Plays for Sure DRM scheme, so I could use music downloaded from a zune subscription on the droid.

All I want is to be able to use the same subscription music and playlists on my computer, my xbox, and my droid.

Exactly. Thats what I miss most about my Zune. The interface was much slicker, but the Market Pass really made it awesome.

OP
J

JEchoff

Reaction score

Exactly. Thats what I miss most about my Zune. The interface was much slicker, but the Market Pass really made it awesome.

A Zune app with Zune Pass compatibility would be spectacular, but I'm pretty sure it can't be done. We would need to crack the DRM, which would take an infinite amount of work. While I'm not going to discourage anyone from trying, when I started this thread, I was just looking for something that looked like the Zune HD UI.

91jolson

Reaction score
With the availability of music downloading apps on market (music junk), the ability to play our DRM music on droid isn't that big of a deal, but the zune ui would be excellent. I hope someone can make it happen, I would gladly pay for such an app.

iamsupreme

Reaction score
I haven't logged in to post in ages. Just scour the forums and read everyones posts everyday. I had to reply to this because I absolutely agree. The Zune HD interface is phenomenal. Initially, I thought the Zune HD interface on the Droid would be impossible (because the Zune HD uses the NVidia Tegra processor). However, after rooting my Droid, having it OC'd and running 3's music player a few times (looks fancy, the practicality of it is limited), I think that the hardware limitations of the mobile processor aren't as much off as initially feared.

Basically, if someone can design an app that mimics the Zune HD's interface, they will have my money (hell, I'll pay AT LEAST $5 from the Marketplace for it) and I'm sure it will sell like hotcakes because there is nothing on the Marketplace that comes close, as far as music players go. There are a few that aren't bad but the Zune HD's interface takes the cake. I've been running the Rhapsody beta since it launched a couple of months ago and though it's nice, it comes nowhere close. I'd love to have an end all device but as it stands, I have to drive around with a mess of gadgetry to get the end results I desire.

MK-9

Reaction score
Be happy to see a Zune app as well. Haven't had much time to listen to music on either my droid or my Zune lately. But, it'd be nice to have the option of a Zune app on my droid since I don't carry my Zune everywhere like I do the phone.

Gabyskra

Reaction score
I really doubt the Droid could run the Zune HD interface properly. It's just so smooth and fast.

J.P.

Reaction score
Maybe someone can rip apart the 2.1 gallery, and build a Music Gallery of sorts from it. Its the closest thing out there for the droid that remotely resembles the ZuneHD

OP
J

JEchoff

Reaction score
So I just got a reply from the bTunes developer and here it is.

Thanks for the email. I think that is a good idea. Unfortunately, right now I am pretty swamped keeping up with bTunes but it is definitely something I would be nterested in doing in the future. Maybe I could even integrate the zune interface in to bTunes and let the user choose which interface to use. Thanks again for the email

So it isn't a no, but it doesn't look good for an app anytime soon. I do like his idea of having the Zune and iTunes app combined. We could always ask someone else to develop a Zune app, so if you know anyone who is good at developing music apps, shoot them an email and see what happens. I really hope we can get this app made.

mrdroid

Reaction score
I actually still carry my Zune 120GB.. That's my only gripe with the Droid. It definitely does not replace my Zune.

OP
J

JEchoff

Reaction score
To 91jolson, I found an app while looking to see if there were any zune apps for iPhone and I think this is what you are looking for. It's an app called orblive and there are a few different versions. From what I have read, it will work with music you have rented with Zune Pass. Here's their website:

The Revolutionary OrbLive, get it now in the App Store | Orb Networks

As for the Zune App I started this thread about, well, I guess time will tell!