Zenwatch 2 announced

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
No thoughts on the second iteration of this watch??

This was on my short list for my next watch. I knew Asus would nail it.

However, I'm kind of disappointed. I mean, I LOVE the thinness, I love the form factor...the rounded edges... but....but...

ASUS-ZenWatch-2.jpg

The bezel my god... the bezel!!!! I was REALLY hoping it was going to be smaller on the Z2.
My G Watch has a little less bezel.
I will have to see one in person, but now I am suddenly much more interested in what the 360 x2 is going to look like.

Last edited:

Raydee35

Reaction score
I am waiting for more specs before I decide if I am going to ditch my galaxy gear for this one

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I don't like the bezel either..

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to see more about the specs, though it won't be unveiled until IFA in September.

I'm mainly interested in fitness, and IMO any watch without stand-alone wifi and GPS, at a minimum, is a non-starter. I'd like a heart rate monitor, too, but I can get that reliably enough on the treadmill or eliptical at the gym.

So far, for me, the only real competition appears to be the Sony Smartwatch 3. One of the few (only?) ones to have standalone GPS, inexplicably. And, sorry, not interested in these OEM's using their own OS. There are only a handful of good Android Wear fitness apps out there, so a proprietary OS is going to be a non-starter.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't care about GPS or WiFi.

Viva la difference!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't care about GPS or WiFi.

Viva la difference!

I want a standalone fitness device with weightlifting app (which eliminates all the other fitness trackers)...so, yeah, no GPS or wifi are deal breakers. Their exclusion from most smartwatches is, again, purely a cost/profit decision.

IMO, the smartwatch platform is following the same model as phones where the tech could be trickled out much less slowly, but is held back so they can entice you to keep upgrading.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I didn't mean to imply you DIDN'T need. I certainly understand why someone would want those features.
I just use a mirror and a scale to track my workout. :D

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
And I have more work to do before starting my comedy career, I see. ;)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
And I have more work to do before starting my comedy career, I see. ;)
Yeah, sometimes you can be a difficult read (who isn't at one point or another), but this time I got it! Lol

Gramesmith

Reaction score
I really love the style of Zen Watch. But I am not so happy with its features. I think Moto 360 II and Modular smart watch is launching with a lot of advance level features, like in modular smart watch users would be able to add own blocks. Which is not possible in Zen Watch.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I really love the style of Zen Watch. But I am not so happy with its features. I think Moto 360 II and Modular smart watch is launching with a lot of advance level features, like in modular smart watch users would be able to add own blocks. Which is not possible in Zen Watch.

Tell me more about this modular smartwatch. I've never heard of such vaporware....

Joking aside, why hasn't this schill been banned?