Galaxy Gear or Zenwatch?

Raydee35

Reaction score
Right now I have the Galaxy gear 2 Neo and I like it and dislike it at the same time. I really don't like the square face but I couldn't afford the curved face on the Gear S. I also feel that it is very limited on what it can do since all the apps are from the Samsung store. I am wondering if I would be better off with the Asus Zenwatch? It has a slightly curved screen and it looks like Android has more apps than Samsung so I am guessing that the watch has more features than the Neo. The only thing I really dislike about the Zenwatch is the band but I can always change that.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If apps are the biggest seller in your mind I'd go with the Zen. If you like Google Now you'll love Android Wear.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Personally, I like the Zen, plus AW has more to offer.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Definitely agree with both above. There are only two things I don't particularly like about my Motorola 360. First, the battery life for me often doesn't get me through the full day however I now have 2 docks, one next to the bed and the other at my office so that problem is essentially gone. The second complaint is just the "flat tire". If it didn't have the flat tire then IMHO it would really still be a top watch. The Zen is definitely a great watch and you'll love it

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
I was all set to buy the Zenwatch today and then saw that it does not have a speaker built in for answering and making calls from the watch like my Samsung does. That kills it for me BUT I did read that the next Zenwatch will so I will wait and see what happens.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
You actually do that? Have conversations on your watch?

TapaTurbo

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Haha, I have been called worse. I am not a watch wearing guy and to be honest the first few days wearing it I Def felt like a nerd and took some abuse at work from my coworkers. Have of those guys are still using flip phones.

Gramesmith

Reaction score
I think if you are looking for curve or circle screen than you should go for Moto 360. It is much more stylish than Zen watch.