zedge

wordsmith

Reaction score
GB is short for Gingerbread. I just installed the Zedge app and when I go into settings and sound to change my ringtones it gives me both options. I would suggest for you to go to settings, then Apps, then swipe all the way to the right until you get to ALL, then scroll down and go into Media Storage, then scroll down to LAUNCH BY DEFAULT and tap Clear defaults. That should give you the option for both again when attempting to change your ringtones.

The stop working thing I would try rebooting your phone if you haven't in a while.

Thanks for your reply. But, done and done. restarted many times. When I go to the Apps...LAUNCH BY DEFAULT, etc. as you suggest. The "Clear defaults" is grayed out and does not let me do anything. I have no defaults set. There is another button that says CLEAR DATA...what exactly would that clear? Any other suggestions?

Incidentally, I do get the option to choose either my phone installed sounds or from Zedge; I can do that. However, when I choose the Zedge tone--for my texts only--it simply does not play when a text comes in, but reverts to the sound I have set for my general notification sound on my phone. It does, however, play when I am testing it from the list of sounds to choose from.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I am dragging up an old thread because it was the first one that came up when I searched for Zedge.......

Oreo has introduced a new flaw with folders... Notification tones seem to not be "found" in media storage unless the folder it is located in is labeled "Notifications"

The reason this creates an issue that that Zedge by default names their download folder "notification_sounds"

I am not sure if this is just Samsung or all across Android Oreo... But if you have tones you can't find move them to a file labeled "Notifications" that should help

Last edited:

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I'll keep that in mind when Oreo hits my phone. Thanks.