Zagg invisible shield full body

bacalao

Reaction score
The Wrapsol arrived a few days ago. I should gotten this one originally. The matte finish back has a much nicer feel than the Invisible Shield. The smooth, rigid screen protector is far superior. Despite that I like it much better than the the IS, I decided not to install it since I'd ordered the new Seidio plastic case which arrived today.

The Seidio is.....AWESOME!!!!!! :heart: It is smooth, sleek and very slightly grippy from the rubberized surface treatment. Much thinner overall than the Body Glove and has smarter cutouts, particularly for the power button. They notched out the top trim piece around the power, ringer, and camera buttons so they are much easier to press than with cutouts only on the bottom protector.

I'm not going to use the Wrapsol at all. But if I were going to use a wrap, that would be the one I'd use.

How is the typing on the top row? I've heard some of the thicker cases kind of get in the way for us fatty fingers. Have the Seidio on my Storm and liked it a lot, but since I got the Droid, I use the keyboard often.

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of the various protectors on their Droid? I have the crappy hard case from Verizon. It protects the phone but makes it much bulkier and it's well, ugly. Looking for a better solution. I have a tendancy to drop phones.

Leckert123

Reaction score
No additional problem typing on the top row for my fat fingers. The top cover just barely clears the edge of the top row of buttons. I have more issues typing due to the mediocrity of the keyboard itself.

BlairAllenVT

Reaction score
No additional problem typing on the top row for my fat fingers. The top cover just barely clears the edge of the top row of buttons. I have more issues typing due to the mediocrity of the keyboard itself.

Leckert123: Have you had any issues with calls where the Droid needs to notice your face up against the screen? Also, if you use the Auto-Dim feature for screen brightness, does the top portion of the cover block the light sensor at all?

anabolix

Reaction score
Does the texture of the invisible shield harden over time or does it stay soft? I just got it 2 days ago and it is getting minor scratches and dents from just being in my pocket....

hajabooja

Reaction score
Doesn't their warranty cover that? I thought it wouldn't scratch or dent at all? I am thinking about getting some type of full body cover. I have the Seidio case and its very nice. But for me it just blocks too much of the space above the top row to type comfortably. Hmmm...

Last edited:

masterxchief

Reaction score
The warranty does cover the dents and scratches. They will send you a new piece of whatever got messed up as long as you pay shipping.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I ended up just using the screen portion the rest is a pain to install and I decided to use a Bodyglove instead. I wouldn't recommend the full body shield...

Mr. Pennstate

Reaction score
For those who got it installed at best buy, are any of you around pittsburgh area. I have been to 3 stores and all of them say they never carried the Full Body shield? They also told me that it was an extra $15 for installation. Any info on this?

PJ_ED

Reaction score
I had my Zagg screen shield replaced yesterday because of scratches and dents. They charged me $5 for the install. Next time I'll just have them give me one and do it myself or I would rather find something that I don't need to replace every month!

anabolix

Reaction score
So I guess it stays soft to the touch then. The only reason I got this was because I thought it hardens and scratching or denting it with general use and handling of the phone is nearly impossible. Definitely will be going back to the those cheap screen protectors that keep the smoother feel and aren't soft.

masterxchief

Reaction score
I had it for my Voyager and the soft touch never went away. I had a huge dent down the middle of the screen protector and had to get the screen protector replaced. The 2nd one lasted about a week before a similar thing happened. I will never use Zagg screen protectors again.

Zing-

Reaction score
don't use them so this is simply an fyi that Zaggs is having a 50% sale off tomorrow (Monday Dec 14th, 2009; see their site for details)