Youtube's New Rule No Monetization For Channels With Less Than 10k views.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
why_is_it_smart_to_buy_youtube_views-png.77356

About 5 years ago Youtube opened up their partner program to anyone who wanted to sign up. Once applied anyone could begin placing ads on their videos. This really boosted the amount of creators on the platform making Youtube what it is today. Yesterday Google announced that new creators would not be able to monetize their channel until they have reached 10,000 lifetime views. This will hopefully help to stop channels from popping up and reuploading content from other creators which has become a big problem. The idea is that hopefully those channels would be found and shut down before hitting 10,000 views.

As a youtuber I know all about how difficult it can be to reach that 10,000 view milestone. My family's vlog channel is just starting and we are happy to get 100-250 views per new video. This is far different from my tech channel. The first video that I released there got more than 90,000 views, the next several videos I posted after the first easily reached the 10,000 view lifetime threshold by themselves with one of my first videos posted surpasing 700k views. it was a different world for new youtubers back then.

When I started youtube I was one of maybe 2 people who were doing tutorial videos for Verizon specific Android devices. This meant that anyone searching for these types of videos would almost certainly run into my channel. While it was pretty easy for me to hit the 10,000 view lifetime milestone on my channel It would take another 6 months before youtube would accept my application for partnership. By the time I was a youtube partner I had already accumulated closer to 1million lifetime views. This means that I never had the chance to monetize any of those views.

With the thousands of tech youtubers out there today there is a slim chance that I would have the same start up success I had 6 years ago when I started my channel. It would be far more difficult for me to hit that first milestone. However I personally think the new milestone will be good for new creators. Too many people start youtube as a get rich quick thing, and even if you have put in 6 years of hard work and dedication like I have often times it is not a way to "get rich". I personally don't see why so many people are in an uproar about the 10,000 view barrier as it would mean that creators wouldn't be able to collect about $15-20 on those views. If you can't put in the dedication for the first 10,000 views without receiving your $20 then youtube may not be for you anyhow.

What are your thoughts? Anyone out there starting up a youtube channel? How hard was it to get your first 10,000 views? Considering older youtube channels had to do much more to get partnership do you think the new requirements are fair? Let us know your thoughts bellow.

T-fal Ultimate Hard Anodized 14-Piece Cookware Set

Attachments

• why_is_it_smart_to_buy_youtube_views.png
    why_is_it_smart_to_buy_youtube_views.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 5,829
Last edited by a moderator:

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Even over 10k if...
Not to mention of course the removal of monitization of anything YouTube deems to not being up to their standards... ie, religious, difference in politics, having to do with certain rights...guns etc.

It's BS politics

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Makes no difference to me. I haven't made the jump to monetize any of my videos, though I'm setup to do so if I want. I also have over 20k views. Not much in the grand scheme, but it means I could still monetize if I wanted to.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
So is this 10k views per video or lifetime meaning the channel views? cause I'm over 10k views between my videos but a few are much much lower...

Not to mention one of them is monetized by someone else because there is a tiny snippet of a song in the background and BAM.. I ca't monetize it suddenly.

Youtube is basically a pipe dream anymore it feels like...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So is this 10k views per video or lifetime meaning the channel views? cause I'm over 10k views between my videos but a few are much much lower...

Not to mention one of them is monetized by someone else because there is a tiny snippet of a song in the background and BAM.. I ca't monetize it suddenly.

Youtube is basically a pipe dream anymore it feels like...
From what I read, it's total lifetime views of the channel.

It's their attempt to crack down on people creating a channel & tossing up videos that aren't theirs to monetize & make a quick buck.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk