Youtube upload and Wifi

leo67

Reaction score
Not sure if this fits in this section but,,

Tried to upload a short vid straight to youtube, it started to do it's thing and a message popped up and said waiting for wifi ????? and put the file in limbo
does our data package not cover this?
why was it looking for wifi? I remember the evo just went ahead and uploaded W/O waiting for anything
Thanks in advance for any info..

scubabri

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. Very lame if they crippled it on purpose. I'm also looking for a fix.

OP
L

leo67

Reaction score
Holy crap this thing is starting to get on my nerves!!!

Eliteoomph

Reaction score
I have the same issue...
this is my first droid. I have been a long time windows mobile user.
There are several things that I like but also a few frustrating things...
Also I am connected to wifi but it keeps messing up during the upload and then says waiting 1 minute to retry...
I guarantee yah this is something verizon did to try and help with bandwidth....
so lame....

bjwheeler

Reaction score
This is a very annoying issue. Verizon must have limited the 3G upload size to something very small. They need to fix this so we can upload youtube videos on the go.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

OP
L

leo67

Reaction score
This is a very annoying issue. Verizon must have limited the 3G upload size to something very small. They need to fix this so we can upload youtube videos on the go.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

Exactly.....very annoying
+ it times out almost every time "waiting to retry in 1 minute".............and I have to go looking for a hot spot to upload clips that are over a minute long
WTF- I mean what's the point of having this feature if it's not usable