HELP! Youtube Upload

MaxBobcat

Reaction score
So I was messing with the factory Youtube app on my Motorola Droid and decided to try to upload a short clip taken from the Droid's camera.

So I clicked on the video camera button and recorded a 10 second clip, then went to the upload page and it had my youtube account and everything done, but when I clicked upload it said that I needed wifi to upload the file.

Trouble is, I don't have wifi and am in a remote part of the country where I can't connect to any neighbors wifi or anything like that. Ok, so I decided to just delete the youtube video by going into the stock camera app and siwtching to video and then deleting it there.

Trouble is, my notification bar still says:

Ongoing: Waiting for Wifi to upload file to Youtube

I've tried to restart my phone and it still comes up even though the files are off the droid.

Any suggestions?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try settings, applications, filter by running, then look for the apparently loading or waiting, etc. Force stop it.

Or, try a shut off, battery pull.

OP
M

MaxBobcat

Reaction score
RW-1, I tried to go into the Running Applications and it was not there. Also tried to pull the battery and turn off/on and it was still there.

Texas Outlaw, what do you mean hard reboot? Do you mean hard reset? Would that erase all my information from my phone?

When I open my notification bar it says "Ongoing: Waiting for Wifi to Upload"

When I click on that, it takes me to the youtube upload screen where I only have one option and that is to pause the uploads. That changes my notification bar to say "Ongoing: My uploads: Uploads paused"

Anyone else have any ideas?

chetanzac

Reaction score
Anyone else have any ideas?

Not sure if you've been able to remediate this problem, but I found the solution.

Just place your finger on the video clip on your phone and you'll get the option to "Cancel" the video upload. This will remove the message from the notification bar. Hope this helps.

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^ this. it's in your download/upload queue, which can be cleared out at anytime. also try going to your browser and go menu - more - downloads to see if you can clear it from there.

when uploading to youtube, you can only upload MMS sized files without a wifi connection. in order to do so, you need to change the video quality to low and change your duration to 30s (for MMS).

i just tested out a 30s clip and had no problems uploading to youtube.