Youtube Stars and Ad Revenue

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When Youtube was introduced years ago I wonder if it ever really felt like a place where stars could be made?
youtube-celebrities-melonie-mac-katie-wilson-andre-meadows-jon-brence-coming-to-1.jpg

We have seen many personalities build a brand around making a few videos, whether it be about phones, sports, tech, movies, or music. Youtube has literally become the way that a person can go from nothing to something through hard work. Make no mistake that your popular stars (some) are having to invest in better production equipment and travel to different conventions to further their brand. And if one becomes popular enough they could find themselves picking up partnerships from big name companies who want their brand showcased on a particular channel.

The other side to Youtube stars is the revenue they can make off of ads. If the ads are not blocked they are able to get paid a share. But there lies the problem as more and more people are looking at ad blockers because they are tired of ads all over the place. Can there ever be a solution to where people will be OK with ads?

For me I would like to be able to watch all my ads at one time. Example: I am going to binge watch so I would select to watch 3 mins of ads from the beginning while I am preparing my snack.

Do you ever see a time where a Youtube star will be bigger than an athlete, musician, or movie star?

How could Google adjust ads so that channels still get supported without interfering with viewing?

Would you be willing to pay a premium to subscribe to a channel to avoid ads?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I must admit I'm currently using YouTube red.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I believe I'm getting YouTube red with my Google music sub.
Haven't seen an ad in a while.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
If this is the case I will gladly pay the $10/month to get both... Thats a no brainer...
Just checked my account:

YouTube Red
  • Status Member
  • Price Free with Google Play Music
  • Billed by Google Play Music

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Do you ever see a time where a Youtube star will be bigger than an athlete, musician, or movie star?
I think some have already achieved this status. To me one person comes to mind Marques Brownlee, he has 3 million subscribers, 700+ videos and billions of views.
My daughter (she is 4) has a toddler she is following on youtube from Ukraine. They upload video every day and have almost a million subscribers, 300+ videos and billions of views.

In my opinion, these people are already celebrities that I'd rather admire then some athletes/tv personas.

I on other hand only have 72 videos and 9 subscribers lol.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Ughhhh. I have 0 videos and 0 subscribers. When I die, I'll have 0 videos and 0 subscribers. How these people are "Celebrities", I'll never understand. You drop a "sex tape" and poof you're a billionaire and cameras follow you all day long 24/7 for your life. WTH is wrong with this society.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Disney Collector has made millions... opening toys for toddlers.

Wish I'd have thought of it. Now the market is too crowded....