Youtube Problem

Reaction score
Today I tried to upload a video to youtube from my phone and I made the mistake of typing in the wrong user name. Well, I figured I could just delete that account and it wouldn't be a problem. That was not the case at all. Whenever I try to upload a video to youtube that account pops up and it asks me to enter my password. Is there anyway I can get rid of that account and enter my correct one? This has been bugging me for about 20 minutes now. Any help with be appreciated.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe go into the Youtube app and go to your account settings? I have no idea honestly

OP
A
Reaction score
I did that and when I click on account it shows the wrong account name and has the "add account" feature. Well when I use the correct user name and go to upload it still goes to the wrong accounts user name and asks me to input a password. :(

OP
A
Reaction score
Is there anyway I can reset the youtube app or is there a way I can look into my files on my phone and download the incorrect user name?

OP
A
Reaction score
How do I do that? Also i'm using a rom, would the data reset have any effect on that?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
No it won't effect the ROM....you can go to Settings/Privacy/Factory Data Reset

But this WILL erase all your user data....but not contacts and stuff associated with your gmail account....

Just "user" data, which would be stuff within apps (ie YouTube)

OP
A
Reaction score
It worked thanks. BTW, I have one more question. I have something sending over wifi and it keeps showing waiting for wifi. I have the wifi button on and it's not sending. How do i fix this and how to do I cancel the upload?