YouTube problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chulaperez79

Reaction score
I have a YouTube account. It is set up with my username and linked to my @live email account. I do have a gmail account, but it is not the one I used to register my YouTube account.

Here's my problem: When I try to log in to YouTube using the app on my phone it won't let me log in with my username. It will ONLY accept a gmail login. How can I get this app (if possible) to work with my YouTube account? Is there a way to create a new YouTube gmail account and LINK it to my existing channel? Or is there another way to get into this app with JUST my YouTube username and password?

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P

Asylem

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my YouTube app. The app opens fine but none of the videos play. All the videos just have the loading symbol and the screen goes blank and i get "YouTube has stopped responding" and have the option to wait, report or close. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still have the problem. I haven't had this problem till about a week ago. Is anyone else having this problem or know what i can do to fix it? Thanks in advance!
PS-yes i have a data connection :)

wheeler062505

Reaction score
Asylem said:
I am having a problem with my YouTube app. The app opens fine but none of the videos play. All the videos just have the loading symbol and the screen goes blank and i get "YouTube has stopped responding" and have the option to wait, report or close. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still have the problem. I haven't had this problem till about a week ago. Is anyone else having this problem or know what i can do to fix it? Thanks in advance!
PS-yes i have a data connection :)

I have experienced this once a couple of days ago. I don't use youtube much. Wish I had more to tell.

bbucks36

Reaction score
its because you need to install flash player.. gingerbread comes with flash but ics you need to download it from adobe...i can lead you to water now you must drink .....Archived Flash Player versions...scroll down to android... you might have to side load:icon_ lala:

Asylem

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip but i already have flash player installed. I found out that when it happens, if i reboot the phone the problem is fixed. But I'm not sure why it happens periodically.

Status
Not open for further replies.