You Tube videos constant buffering

ppophil

Reaction score
Why can I watch a video in full without the video constantly buffering. What can I do to improve this I have cleared cache cleared all cookie data to no avail. Please help

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. May also want to check your connection speeds.

angelbowler

Reaction score
I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. May also want to check your connection speeds.

I'm having trouble with all videos I try to watch on my stock Bionic. Happens in the browser on different sites as well as YouTube. I have other apps that have video and they buffer as well. Have cleared app cache, phone cache, deleted YouTube and reinstalled but nothing helps. Someone at Verizon changed some settings on their end it worked fine. She sent me a new SIM and it worked for 2 weeks then went back to the same issues. Can anyone help me?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I have to turn off the HD on mine when I watch them.

Communicated from Atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm having trouble with all videos I try to watch on my stock Bionic. Happens in the browser on different sites as well as YouTube. I have other apps that have video and they buffer as well. Have cleared app cache, phone cache, deleted YouTube and reinstalled but nothing helps. Someone at Verizon changed some settings on their end it worked fine. She sent me a new SIM and it worked for 2 weeks then went back to the same issues. Can anyone help me?

Do you live in an area with a strong signal? Try downloading the SpeedTest app and see what kinda speeds you're getting.

For myself, depending on the time of day and using 4g, YouTube videos need time to buffer. However, at night when speeds are quicker because less people are using, buffering is never a problem.

Clearing the cache of the app or phone usually resolves any sort of app issue, but yours seems more tied to a speed/connection issue. Sometimes you may just need to restart the video (I have this trouble at home on my PC even on YouTube once in awhile). Videos will buffer very slowly, but as soon as I hit refresh it won't need to buffer the second time through.

angelbowler

Reaction score
Do you live in an area with a strong signal? Try downloading the SpeedTest app and see what kinda speeds you're getting.

For myself, depending on the time of day and using 4g, YouTube videos need time to buffer. However, at night when speeds are quicker because less people are using, buffering is never a problem.

Clearing the cache of the app or phone usually resolves any sort of app issue, but yours seems more tied to a speed/connection issue. Sometimes you may just need to restart the video (I have this trouble at home on my PC even on YouTube once in awhile). Videos will buffer very slowly, but as soon as I hit refresh it won't need to buffer the second time through.

I have since found out thru Open Signal app that the Verizon Wireless tower has an outage that they weren't aware of until I told them. The app gave me the tower number and readings I gave them and they made a service ticket to check the tower. Hoping it's fixed. Haven't lost my signal all day. #fingerscrossed