(Yet Another) Email Question

downtime57

Reaction score
Hi All,

New user, Droid X owner (rooted), first post and convert from the Windows Mobile World...

So, my issue is with my primary Verizon email using the stock client on the Droid X. The (so call 'Outlook') client on my old Windows Mobile pda would read my pop3 Verizon email and allow me to selectively permanently delete emails so they did not show up/get downloaded at night when I check my email on my home laptop (using Outlook).

The stock client on the Droid seems to allow deletes (and even moves them into the Deleted folder) however they are not really deleted and show up at home. Not really devastating but quite annoying :)

The behavior when dealing with my work Exchange email is fine.

Is there something I could change in the setup to get the behavior I want or will another app do the trick ?

Thanks,

Peter.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
The stock email client is very buggy and no one should use it.

I use K9. There's an option to "delete from server when I delete" which sounds like what you need.

OP
D

downtime57

Reaction score
Hi,

Ok - thanks for the input. so, I downloaded and configured it and the interface seems a little ... odd. For instance, I can't figure out how to:

1) do the auto bcc I see mentioned several places
2) auto save every outgoing in the Sent folder (a must have for my purposes)
3) have it show any other folder other than Inbox (another option I see when researching)

Am I missing something obvious ?

Thanks,

Peter.

tobytl

Reaction score
1) It's in the composition defaults under writing messages section. Make sure you're in account settings, not the general program settings.

2) This isn't done for you? Pretty sure it's default, all of my accounts do this.

3) Menu->Folder list.

In account settings, you can make sure all your folders are syncing if they aren't working for you with the default settings.

Also, if you're using POP3, chances are that your server won't fully support folder syncing. For instance, the sent folder won't show up until you send a mail, and even then probably won't show up under sent items on your server, but only on your phone.

IMAP and Exchange should have full folder sync support.

OP
D

downtime57

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks again for the help.

The Sent Folder (along with the Trash and Outbox) seemed to appear right after I Sent an Email so maybe that was a requirement...

Yes, with POP3 the only real Sync I ever had was with "Not Downloaded" messages on the Server and actually Deleting from the Server. The device Sent (and other Folders) were never Sync'd with my Laptop and that was fine since I used that Folder only as reference and used bcc if I actually wanted a copy on my home machine.

Anyway, everything seems to be working just fine.

Another question: is there any way to create another Folder that I could use as, more or less, permanent storage on the X. Something like "PDAKeep" that I could move/copy certain emails into ? Maybe this is something like what the 'Move to Archive' is supposed to do ?

Thanks again,

Peter.