Yay

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Just unboxed my new G2 I picked up at Best Buy, bought it retail to keep my plan. Letting it fully charge before setup, but my first impressions are I can't believe how light it is with a 3,000 battery, and I feel as though the buttons should be larger on the back but it's only a very minor gripe for now, but more on that with a comprehensive review later on.
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your G2! It's always a fun day to have a box with a shiny new phone inside. DancingNexus

Thanks.

Fired everything up and updated my apps and such, tooled around with a few settings and was overly impressed by the snappiness of the device. When I set my phone down and looked back to my laptop to write this I couldn't believe how awful my screen quality is. I mean AWFUL. I never noticed this ever before. The G2 screen is AMAZINGLY sharp and vibrant. I put the phone as close to my eye as possible and still keep my focus and I thought to myself AH HAH, I can see pixels and I have 20-40 vision, this screen isn't THAT great... Turns out I was looking at the camera icon and it was showing that it had leather texture. Texture? I didn't even know that before, the level of detail is amazing. So much so it actually seems better than 1080P, you could easily have convinced me that it was a 4K resolution, I literally don't think it could get any better. Double tap is a feature I expect to see on all upcoming devices, it's absolutely second nature. Out of 15 times it failed once, I think because I did it too slow but it's quite sensitive so no need to force it, I thought it would take a bit of a knock to activate... just like you'd tap someones finger to get their attention is more than enough.

Time for bed, tomorrow will be fun after work. =-)

Thanks.

I put the phone as close to my eye as possible and still keep my focus and I thought to myself AH HAH, I can see pixels and I have 20-40 vision, this screen isn't THAT great... Turns out I was looking at the camera icon and it was showing that it had leather texture. Texture? I didn't even know that before, the level of detail is amazing.

ROFLOL!! You make me laugh HJ!

Glad you're enjoying your shiny new G2. :)

Why did you get it from best buy when VZW sells it for $100 cheaper?

Why did you get it from best buy when VZW sells it for $100 cheaper?
I just bought mine from best buy at full retail. I never had a problem getting a price match and I get the reward zone points. Its a win win.

Back