[Double Deal Alert] LG G2 & Moto X at Amazon for Just $99 On New Contracts

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-g2-and-moto-x.jpg

Just a few days ago we shared a great deal on the Moto X in which you could grab the device for just $99.99 on a new or renewed contract at Best Buy. It looks like Amazon decided to get in on the act as well, and we thought it prudent to share with you guys just in case any of you prefer Amazon over Best Buy. The online super-retailer is also offering some great deals on the Moto X. The Verizon and AT&T versions are just $99.99 bucks on a new or renewed contract. Sprint is taking things a bit further though. If you are getting the Moto X on a new contract, they knock another $20 bucks off for a total of $79.99. If you get a contract renewal Moto X with Sprint it is the same $99.99 as the other two carriers.

Here's the source links:
Amazon - Verizon Moto X
Amazon - AT&T Moto X
Amazon - Sprint Moto X

This isn't the only hot deal news for today. For folks looking to pick up the LG G2, Amazon also is offering a great deal on the device, although this one is only for Verizon. You can nab the flagship LG G2 for just $99.99 on a new Verizon contract, or $119.99 on a renewed Verizon contract. Here's a refresher on the primary specs for this device, just in case you forgot how potent it is.
  • 5.2” 1080p display with slim bezel
  • Rear placement of buttons
  • Snapdragon 800
  • Adreno 330 graphics
  • 2GB Ram
  • 3,000 mAh Battery
  • 13 megapixel rear camera with optical image stabilization (OIS)
Here's the source link for this one:
Amazon - Verizon LG G2

Last edited:

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
lg-g2-and-moto-x.jpg

Just a few days ago we shared a great deal on the Moto X in which you could grab the device for just $99.99 on a new or renewed contract at Best Buy. It looks like Amazon decided to get in on the act as well, and we thought it prudent to share with you guys just in case any of you prefer Amazon over Best Buy. The online super-retailer is also offering some great deals on the Moto X. The Verizon and AT&T versions are just $99.99 bucks on a new or renewed contract. Sprint is taking things a bit further though. If you are getting the Moto X on a new contract, they knock another $20 bucks off for a total of $79.99. If you get a contract renewal Moto X with Sprint it is the same $99.99 as the other two carriers.

Here's the source links:
Amazon - Verizon Moto X
Amazon - AT&T Moto X
Amazon - Sprint Moto X

This isn't the only hot deal news for today. For folks looking to pick up the LG G2, Amazon also is offering a great deal on the device, although this one is only for Verizon. You can nab the flagship LG G2 for just $99.99 on a new Verizon contract, or $119.99 on a renewed Verizon contract. Here's a refresher on the primary specs for this device, just in case you forgot how potent it is.
  • 5.2” 1080p display with slim bezel
  • Rear placement of buttons
  • Snapdragon 800
  • Adreno 330 graphics
  • 2GB Ram
  • 3,000 mAh Battery
  • 13 megapixel rear camera with optical image stabilization (OIS)
Here's the source link for this one:
Amazon - Verizon LG G2

i think you have a typo. Amazon is selling the LG G2 for $119.99 for renewed contracts, not $199.99

Last edited by a moderator:

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
UNLIMITED USERS take note

I'm gonna cast a vote for Best Buy, and here's why -- UNLIMITED USERS PAY ATTENTION:

Just picked up a white X for my wife at Best Buy. Cost was $99 plus a $30 upgrade fee.

Terms:

- 3-days money back, no questions
- 14-days refund, lose your $30 upgrade fee
- 15-days exchange only

Here is where the story gets interesting...my wife has an unlimited line, and would have had to pay full price or downgrade to a 2GB plan, BUT I was able to enroll in her in the Max data plan, which is 6GB at $30. Since we happen to be moderate data users, it was a reasonable compromise to get the discounted price on the X. Neither of us typically goes over 2GB and I have only rarely gone over 6GB, so I also locked in more than enough data for her, for another 2 years. And if I'm not mistaken, since it's a capped plan, she now has "authorized" tethering and can effortlessly hotspot to her Nexus 7 should she need it.

For heavy data users (or those who just upgraded on "Glitch" day) this obviously doesn't apply. But for those who can live with a 6GB cap, I don't know if Amazon will offer the Max as an option, but I would doubt it. So I'd steer you to Best Buy.

Another reason to prefer Best Buy: I got the HTC One for myself (and kept unlimited) but the first step was actually buying it on another (feature-phone) line, then immediately switching it to my line (which preserved my data plan). While Best Buy lets you perform the "switcheroo" at purchase time, I think Amazon requires you to keep the purchased phone on the original line for...is it 180 days? At least 3 months, if not 6. Kinda sucks.

-Matt

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Bought my G2 for $590 (+ tax) at a Corporate Verizon center. I was thinking about buying a feature phone and adding it so that I could transfer one of my upgrades over, but needed a phone ASAP. I have absolutely no incentive to leave VZW as I'm on that regional promotional plan on unlimited that was leaked on the forums years ago (even though it took a little persuasion :)), but it's nice knowing that I can.

Just a heads up. Unlimited accounts on Verizon are selling for $200± on Craigslist at the moment. And of the two phones listed above, the G2 is by far the better choice. Grab it now before an OTA rolls out that prevents the root exploit. It smashes all other phones (except maybe the Note III) performance wise and on battery life (right behind the ULTRA). I used to hate LG back in the days when I owned an OG DROID and had to borrow the girlfriend's Ally. LG is on top of their game right now. Either way, both phones are great. Stop using your old Galaxy Nexus and upgrade.. :)

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Bought my G2 for $590 (+ tax) at a Corporate Verizon center. I was thinking about buying a feature phone and adding it so that I could transfer one of my upgrades over, but needed a phone ASAP. I have absolutely no incentive to leave VZW as I'm on that regional promotional plan on unlimited that was leaked on the forums years ago (even though it took a little persuasion :)), but it's nice knowing that I can.
The first place I tried my little upgrade maneuver was the local corporate store. First, I have to acknowledge that (1) the staff I talk to there are anywhere from "pretty" to "really well" informed and (2) I'm impressed that I get honest straight-talk from them. Second, though, I was a little stumped that I could nickle-and-dime the price of the X down to $140 at vzw.com, and yet they stubbornly refused to knock off the remaining $40 and match the Best Buy price. I admit I felt silly grinding them on the price, but even when I called phone support after visiting the local store I got the same, EXACT answer: go to Best Buy, get the better price, and ask them to put the line on the Max data plan. I was frustrated that they didn't budge on the price (some kind of legal agreement with third-party sellers?), but pretty happy that we could have a somewhat transparent discussion about the options. As a sidenote, I consistenly meet floor staff at the corporate store who say to me, "DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN to protect your unlimited data." LOL Talk about honest.

-Matt

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Lol very true. It seems that the smaller the VZW store, the more competent the staff. Maybe it's because smaller chains are located in smaller areas, and have to be more picky on who they here and often end up hiring techies.

When I told the lady I wanted a G2 and knew what I had wanted, her eyes lit up and she began going over upgrades before I stopped her and said, no, I'm buying offline so that I keep unlimited. That killed her spirit for some reason. I've known that employees used to have option to keep users on unlimited data even after they stopped offering it (until recently that is) but was very hard finding one who'd use it (even though it only meant checking a different box).

I wish I could transfer my upgrades to other lines. I'd sell the two that I have to friends. Oh at the local 3rd party VZW in town, they always gave the can't budge on price speech as well.

eshef

Reaction score
Here's my question, I hope someone has the answer. I have a Droid Razr and a basic phone with the 700 minutes/unlimited data family plan for which I pay $105/month (plus taxes = $116/month). When I originally went online at Verizon to see about ordering an LG, they only let you see the Share Everything plan which for a smartphone and a basic phone with 2 GB data was $130/month plus taxes. Not a good option. I then went to the Verizon store where a gentleman told me that it was possible to keep the 700 minutes, I'd lose the unlimited data (which to me is not a biggie, this month I've used .3 GB data, I'm not a big data user!) and the whole thing would still cost only $105/month. Then Amazon offered the LG for $119 and when I order that, click on Family plan, in the checkout under Vz wireless plan it says "Verizon Wireless Nationwide Voice Family share 700" and under price it says "unchanged" then it says "Line access fee see billing statement for details", "2GB smartphone web browsing and email $30", equipment coverage $8., Down at the bottom it says Due monthly for your selected options $38" What I want to know is, is this going to be the same $106 plus taxes, or is it $106 (the "unchanged" part) PLUS $38 for a grand total of $143? Which is what I fear.
Sorry to be so long-winded.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Having just upgraded twice at Best Buy, I'm guessing $30 of that $38 is a one-time Verizon upgrade fee (used to be their "activation" fee, I suppose). Not sure if the other $8 is Amazon's.

What I am NOT saying is: "Awww, don't worry about it. I'm sure it's a one-time charge." But I *do* think it is. Give Amazon a call and ask them?

In the meantime, I think it was this thread...hold on, checking...yep, on this thread that I went on my rant about the Max plan. Please let me do EVERYTHING in my power to persuade you to request it -- it basically means you'll ratchet down from unlimited data to 6GB a month (rather than 2GB) for the same $30. On principle, you should make them do that. Remember that with the Max plan, you'd also get the discounted/subsidized price for the phone.

By the way, one last plug for Best Buy: they will price match Amazon's price of $119 (or whatever) on the G2 -- I should have mentioned that in the post above. So here is my GRAND PLAN FOR YOU!!!

(1) Get thee to Best Buy
(2) Tell them you want to buy the G2 -- and to price match Amazon's promotion -- they will
(3) Tell them you want to keep unlimited data
(4) Tell them you're using the upgrade on your basic phone (or you can move an upgrade from your smartphone line -- I'm assuming you have an upgrade on one line or the other)
(5) Get the G2 at the low, low price and they will activate it on the basic phone line
(6) Tell them to now move the phone off that line, and put the basic phone back (you are now locked in a 2-year contract at...what?...$10 per month + taxes on that line)
(7) Tell them to move the G2 to your smartphone line -- they will

What you end up with is your smartphone line EXACTLY as it was with the new phone on it, plus a 2-year $10ish/month commitment on the basic phone line. Total charges should be the same as they are now.

That's my best offer...take it or leave it! :p Actually -- sorry if that's more than you need. But I'd suggest giving it a try!

-Matt

eshef

Reaction score
Oh thank you, Gadgetrants, that sounds like a perfect world (and yes, both lines have an upgrade) :hail:

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Oh thank you, Gadgetrants, that sounds like a perfect world (and yes, both lines have an upgrade) :hail:
Unfortunately we both live in the real world, which means if you end up at Best Buy, you may find a sales rep who resists (1) matching the Amazon price (aka "we only do brick-and-mortar") or (2) upgrading the basic phone line and then switching your new phone off of it ("gee, never heard that before..."). In either case (if you don't mind me saying) I'd ask for a manager. Or PM me and I'll contact them and we can conference call with the guys (actually the chick) at my BB that worked it all out for me!

-Matt

eshef

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, hope I don't have to take you up on it! Unfortunately, it'll be Monday at the earliest before I can get to BB...

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sure, post back with what happens! *fingers crossed*

Yonahdad

Reaction score
Unfortunately we both live in the real world, which means if you end up at Best Buy, you may find a sales rep who resists (1) matching the Amazon price (aka "we only do brick-and-mortar") or (2) upgrading the basic phone line and then switching your new phone off of it ("gee, never heard that before..."). In either case (if you don't mind me saying) I'd ask for a manager. Or PM me and I'll contact them and we can conference call with the guys (actually the chick) at my BB that worked it all out for me!

-Matt

They price match Amazon items. I purchased a sound bar from BB that Amazon were selling for about $130 cheaper..

eshef

Reaction score
Gadgetrants - you are pure genius! It worked, although they did try the "we don't match online cell phone prices", when I asked to speak to the manager, he approved it. So I sit here playing with my new toy. Thank you again! dancedroid