Yahoo Mail on droid giving phantom email notifications

michelleG

Reaction score
Hello to all!

I have had the Droid Global for 6 months. I downloaded the app for Yahoo Mail, and all has been working well, until today.

Today, I have started to receive "phantom email notifications," from emails that have been read and deleted. The phantom notifications are coming every 15 minutes, fast and furious.

I have removed my battery on the Droid, for a reset.

I have unistalled the Yahoo Mail App, and have reinstalled it, twice.

Gmail and AOL mail is working perfectly...no issues.

I have researched, and cannot find anybody with this issue. The good news is my Yahoo email is working, going and receiving. It is just this phantom notification of old emails that is puzzling.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

polack

Reaction score
Mine was doing the same thing this morning. What i did and so far it worked was i went into the settings of each yahoo account and turned off notifications and then went into general settings and turned ofgf notifications, powered off my phone. removed the battery. waited five minutes and put the battery back in, powered up and turned on all notifications. Been great the last seven hours.

thechop

Reaction score
Mine has been doing the same as well. I turned off the notifications but still getting false e-mail alerts. Says i have 100 plus unread e-mails.
Derek

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
M

michelleG

Reaction score
So far so good today. Maybe Yahoo resolved the issue (knock on wood!).