Yahoo Mail not automatically Refreshing/Syncing

mattb16teg

Reaction score
I've had this working fine the past year, all settings are the same as they were when it worked:
Background data enabled
Fetch schedule the same
Notifications for display bar
Power settings are set to Max.
etc

It seems just randomly last week I stopped getting auto sync/refresh and notifications of mail in my yahoo account. When I open it and manually sync(by pressing the red circle) it refreshes and I can see my mail.

This has happened to me a few times in the last year and in those instances I removed the Yahoo account, rebooted the phone then re-added it and everything was working again.

I did add my Google account to sync and this is working per the fetch schedule so I know there are no problems there. Seems to be just with the built in Yahoo mail.

Anyone hit anything like this?

in8won

Reaction score
Ditto

I have had the exact same issue. I couldn't have said it better myself.

HELP!! Please! :)

in8won

Reaction score
yes! The only thing I can add is I can't get my yahoo mail to sync at all starting today.

OP
M

mattb16teg

Reaction score
yes! The only thing I can add is I can't get my yahoo mail to sync at all starting today.
Hmm your issue sounds slightly different, perhaps you changed your password?
I'd remove the account and reestablish it.

in8won

Reaction score
I not only removed account and rebooted I did a factory reset of my DROID x and I still am not getting my yahoo mail. I can log in to yahoo w out any problems and I have set gmail up to check my yahoo mail. Why wont my yahoo sync w my phone?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jhait66

Reaction score
I've had the same problem as discussed. It just started two days ago. Did anything change at Yahoo in terms of middleware delivery package?? Could this be related to the "new" Yahoo mail rollout?

Last edited:

in8won

Reaction score
I switched to mail DROID and it works fine but still not getting yahoo mail through the built in DROID mailbox.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
M

mattb16teg

Reaction score
Alright so resolution, again........
Last night I was playing with it and decided to give it another go.
- I removed the account
- Rebooted (waited a minute of 2 after reboot)
- Added account
- Rebooted (waited a minute of 2 after reboot)
- Everything works again

jhait66

Reaction score
This morning without any intervention on my part, Yahoo mail was working again. I tried all the suggested fixes and nothing was working last night. Lo & behold --this morning it's business as usual. It had to have been either a Yahoo thing or an MS interface thing. Anyone else with the same results?

OP
M

mattb16teg

Reaction score
This morning without any intervention on my part, Yahoo mail was working again. I tried all the suggested fixes and nothing was working last night. Lo & behold --this morning it's business as usual. It had to have been either a Yahoo thing or an MS interface thing. Anyone else with the same results?

As I noted, it started working for me last night as well. I think if it were more universal we would have seen more people posting?

This has happened a few times in the past for me, so I am not really sure.

in8won

Reaction score
Mine is still not working so I resorted to the yahoo mail app. :(

jwjordan100

Reaction score
Same problem X2

I started having this same problem about a month ago. I kept receiving notifications about new emails, but it never picked up anything after a certain date/time -- just kept showing the same inbox. I tried installing/uninstalling 2-3 time, upgraded software, pulled/replaced the battery. No help.

called Verizon tech support and they tried to help, but couldn't figure out what was wrong. One problem was that using the quick install option didn't give me access to any advanced settings (incoming/outgoing server, etc.). Finally, I installed the Yahoo app from their website and I started getting my emails again. the only problem is that it seems to be a real battery hog -- I started having to recharge every day, sometimes more often, after typically going 3-4 days between charges.

Due to an unrelated problem, I ended up having to swap my phone out for a new one with Verizon. Decided to try setting up Yahoo mail through their app again. I seem to be getting the same result as before. It shows me my inbox with all emails through the afternoon of June 20, but nothing after that.

I'm assuming at this point that it's probably a Yahoo issue, especially since so many others are experiencing the same thing in the same time period, but if anyone figures out a fix, I'd love to hear it.

jhait66

Reaction score
yahoo mail issues

I've discovered if I do NOTHING after I get the error message, it clears all by itself. I can't predict when it will not allow me to update, but eventually it goes back to normal updating every 15 minutes on all my verizon accounts. It has to be a Verizon issue. Especially so close to the roll out of the their new "improved" but noticeably slower email.