Yahoo mail app.- New Email Notification numbers not updating

richjh213

Reaction score
When I get a new email via Yahoo mail, the notification message comes up on the top of the Droid screen, but the number of new emails in the message does not get updated regularly; in other words, it keeps increasing even though I'm reading & deleting many of the emails. Then at some point it will reset and start again. So if I have 12 new emails, and I read and delete some of them, close the app., then get 2 new emails, the notification will come up & say "you have 14 new messages". It will continue for a day or 2 and then reset magically.

espo23

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Now today I get notify of a email, but in the inbox it does not show any new emails. WIth the native email app on the droid it does work

sbs30102

Reaction score
Yahoo email

When I get a new email via Yahoo mail, the notification message comes up on the top of the Droid screen, but the number of new emails in the message does not get updated regularly; in other words, it keeps increasing even though I'm reading & deleting many of the emails. Then at some point it will reset and start again. So if I have 12 new emails, and I read and delete some of them, close the app., then get 2 new emails, the notification will come up & say "you have 14 new messages". It will continue for a day or 2 and then reset magically.

I have the same issue and also have noticed that the server and phone are not in sync. In order to delete email from the phone, I now have to login from a browser and delete the messages from the mail server. HELP! It's driving me nuts...