Yahoo email issues.

pigletlvr1982

Reaction score
I have not been getting my Yahoo email every 15 mins as I have it set up on the phone. I only get the messages when I click on the mail icon on my Eris and then a bunch come through at once.

When I contacted customer service I was told its because my phone does not have the new software that the new phones do and if I had the Droid X then my Yahoo mail would come right through. My very good friend has an Eris and gets her Yahoo mail no problem. Am I getting the run around?

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

AngryHatter

Reaction score
One mo' time.
MailDroid.
Best mail client - period.
My pop3 did not work reliably with the stock email, nor K9. I tried forwarding through Gmail - no better. Mail came when it wanted to. An hour a day later...who knew?
Every out going from my pop3 would end with this notification - Error...some messages weren't sent ((none of them would send) - The only way around was to use Gmail and slap the pop3s address on it.)

So I tried MailDroid after reading about it here.
It worked?
Plain and simple it worked.
As soon as a message was sent from a hotmail to the pop3 the phone vibrated and the notification bar lit.
I kept trying all different combinations of sends and receives...it just worked.
Yeah, I am in love.

This was my single biggest problem with my phone - why have a smartphone if you couldn't get email? And from the number of similar threads on many boards I am not alone in this.

As for polling intervals, it defaults to 5 minutes since that is the fastest MS will respond. I have mine set to 4 hours.
But be aware that it isn't really the polling that will take place every four hours but rather the notification to me since the app is connected continuously
If I open it every 1/2 hour, it'll show the notification in the bar that new email was received, assuming I got mail.

I am sure I'll be told if I have that wrong. :)
edit - The notifications are immediate, as per the radio button

Last edited:
OP
P

pigletlvr1982

Reaction score
Wow it works so far. Why don't they recommend that app when you call customer service with the issue I wonder.

Thanks so much.

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App