Yahoo Emial Accounts

maligirl

Reaction score
I started having trouble with the passwords on my yahoo email accounts, all of them. I have three different ones for different uses. I stopped getting emails to them yesterday so i went in to check the settings. In the password fields, the dots hiding the actual password filled the entire field. it should have only been about 8-12 characters. i deleted the accounts and set them back up but the password changes almost immediately. i went online to my account and the passwords haven't been changed, still the 8-12 characters. Any idea whats going on? Or is google just doing this to be mean since it they are yahoo accounts?:icon_evil:

Sal

Reaction score
I started having trouble with the passwords on my yahoo email accounts, all of them. I have three different ones for different uses. I stopped getting emails to them yesterday so i went in to check the settings. In the password fields, the dots hiding the actual password filled the entire field. it should have only been about 8-12 characters. i deleted the accounts and set them back up but the password changes almost immediately. i went online to my account and the passwords haven't been changed, still the 8-12 characters. Any idea whats going on? Or is google just doing this to be mean since it they are yahoo accounts?:icon_evil:

How are you accessing it. If you aren't using dedicated yahoo app from the market, you might wanna try that. Or you might wanna try going into the browser and going to the mobile yahoo site for another option.

OP
maligirl

maligirl

Reaction score
i am just using the messaging app on the droid x. since yahoo mail was an option on there i figured that would've been ok? i will look into an app for it tho. Thanks

edit

but i just got notification from the email in question for your reponse...

Jaddroidx

Reaction score

How are you accessing it. If you aren't using dedicated yahoo app from the market, you might wanna try that. Or you might wanna try going into the browser and going to the mobile yahoo site for another option.

Just go my X and figured synching with exchange would be pain compared to the BB, but Yahoo is also acting weird. Just like above, as random it seems to change my stored yahoo password and add lots of characters. As soon as it does this, it stops working and I need to go to accounts-yahoo-password and delete a lot of *** and put the correct password back and it works again. Any ideas why this keeps happening?

I used the yahoo mail icon under settings-account-add account to set things up.