Yahoo email won't update

farawaydeb

Reaction score
I have Yahoo as my primary email on my Droid Pro. I have my phone set to update the email every 15 minutes.

But the last time it updated was June 14, and it won't update even though there have been a lot of messages on my Yahoo account.

Can/should I delete the email app and will I be able to reinstall it?

TIA.

abcsgs

Reaction score
I'm having similar issue, I un-installed it, and then put it back on and now I have no messages at all. Help please.

slapstick

Reaction score
I am glad to have found this post as I thought I was going nuts !!

My Yahoo mail stopped the other day as well. I have tried everything from battery pulls to uninstalling/reinstalling mail, accounts, etc. I even went to the Verizon store last night which was a total waste of gas. What I did find was this - if I use the Yahoo Mail that comes on the phone, it will send mail but not recv incoming. If I load the Yahoo app from the market place it seems to work fine. However, I want the phone version since it can be used with the Moto Widget with preview, etc.

Soooo, what is down or what changed this week Verizon/Motorola????

OP
F

farawaydeb

Reaction score
I keep getting "Connection Error: The following error has prevented a successful connection: Unable to connect to moto-android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com"

slapstick

Reaction score
I was getting that error yesterday. I had since removed the yahoo account about 50 times yesterday and as I said it just started working on it's own this morning.

Try removing the account and re-adding?

OP
F

farawaydeb

Reaction score
I put the Android Yahoo Mail on there, and now suddenly I am getting updates twice, once on each Yahoo. <sigh> Better twice than not at all, I guess! :blink:

Tama

Reaction score
I stopped getting updated yahoo emails yesterday morning and then spent a long time with Verizon tech support, they tried a host of things but when all options failed, they called HTC and BINGO,,,HTC said something like their server no longer supports yahoo, SO, we went into yahoo mail, options, delete. Deleted yahoo and then downloaded yahoo mail from the marketplace and it works beautifully. I got rid of the former yahoo mail icon that was still on my home page, went into apps and there is a blue square icon that says yahoo mail and I put that on my home page. THIS IS SOMETHING you would have thought HTC would tell their providers about. If I hadn't gotten such a good tech at verizon, I would still be in the dark. Good Luck?

Droid noob

Reaction score
I never had luck getting Yahoo mail to push using my Dinc2 software. I've just been using the Yahoo app and it works great

Sent 2 u via Incredible 2

akirish

Reaction score
VZ Tech helped me

VZ Tech helped me today too, deleted my yahoo account and then downloaded the yahoo mail app. Been working fine since then.

cocogodiva

Reaction score
I experienced the same problem and then remembered that android has a default setting for pop/stmp mail. So what I did was change the mail settings, since it appears that yahoo is having an issue with getting mail to driods. Try changing your mail setting to below. It worked for me! I hope this helps

Yahoo Plus Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 995)
Yahoo Plus Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 465, use authentication)