Yahoo email sync issue

jjswart74

Reaction score
Im having Yahoo email account sync issues not pushing my notifications and allowing the sign in it started two days ago. My corporate email and gmail are both working properly but Yahoo is having issues. I tried removing the account ABC re adding it with no success. Any suggestions? RAZR HD

DigDug53

Reaction score
I just had the same problem and decided to use the gmail option as the default email for the phone and then downloaded and installed the separate Yahoo Mail for Android app. Works like a charm, notifications etc...

Im having Yahoo email account sync issues not pushing my notifications and allowing the sign in it started two days ago. My corporate email and gmail are both working properly but Yahoo is having issues. I tried removing the account ABC re adding it with no success. Any suggestions? RAZR HD

in99flames

Reaction score
Assuming you are using the yahoo mail app....This is a known issue with the yahoo application. Many people on many diff devices are getting notification and sync issues. ..myself included. Yahoo is working on the fix.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

KLB

Reaction score
Assuming you are using the yahoo mail app....This is a known issue with the yahoo application. Many people on many diff devices are getting notification and sync issues. ..myself included. Yahoo is working on the fix.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Your post appears to be dated January 5, 2013. And I still have this problem??? Is Yahoo still working on it?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Are you using the Yahoo Mail app or the stock E Mail app? Which app has issues?

KLB

Reaction score
I am using the Yahoo email app on a standard Verizon Motorola RAZR with whatever OS and App updates have been pushed to it.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I have Yahoo using the Email app that came with it and not the Yahoo app. Works perfectly.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The YahooMail app has been buggy after version 2.6.4. I stuck with that version and have not updated and it works pretty good. One thing to help with issues is in the Y Mail app go to Settings > About Yahoo Mail > Clear Cache. Then exit the app and open it again. That helps sometimes. Also, like PereDroid said: adding a Yahoo account to the stock EMail app is easy and works great. I use the stock EMail app for my primary Yahoo account (have since the original Droid) and have no issues. I use the Yahoo Mail app to monitor the account that come with my Internet service only.