Yahoo email problem

SCCSURF

Reaction score
I set my yahoo email up by the directions on this forum and now it says I have a connection error. I didn't receive any emails today. Any thoughts?

evil_O

Reaction score
Is WiFi off? Try turning off WiFi. I had the same issue.

evil_O

Reaction score
Well then I am not sure. This could be a long shot and now I am just grasping at straws but make sure BT is off.... and then maybe try a restart?

I have a connection problem to mail when I am at home and have WiFi turned on. Turning it off solved my issue. In fact, I could not even create an email account for yahoo until I did this.

Sorry but I am not well versed enough to help much more than this...

fedupwithdroid

Reaction score
open your mail and save it as a bookmark! that's what they told me when I bought it, otherwise yahoo will charge you to use your own mail!!!

LordKastle

Reaction score
There are a lot of threads regarding the Yahoo problem. I can't pinpoint them right now but search Yahoo on the forum and you will see some troubleshooting techniques.

It seems like the problem stems from Yahoo. Obviously if you don't have the Yahoo Pro, costs money, than you can see why some problems are arising with the email programs. Its a way for Yahoo to try and attempt to make people log in through the web so their advertisements still exist. There are ways around this and people have managed to get it to work but I can't find the exact threads right now.

edit:
link posted below

Last edited:

evil_O

Reaction score
There are a lot of threads regarding the Yahoo problem. I can't pinpoint them right now but search Yahoo on the forum and you will see some troubleshooting techniques.

It seems like the problem stems from Yahoo. Obviously if you don't have the Yahoo Pro, costs money, than you can see why some problems are arising with the email programs. Its a way for Yahoo to try and attempt to make people log in through the web so their advertisements still exist. There are ways around this and people have managed to get it to work but I can't find the exact threads right now.

edit:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid/570-yahoo-mail.html

Kind of what I thought the issue was too when I first tried to set up yahoo on my Droid. I then found a youtube video that walked me through it. Didn't work and I was getting frustrated. THEN I turned off WiFi and tried it all over per the instructions... and BAM! It worked.

I also set up mail for my mobile me account.