Yahoo email contacts not loading

PorterFNU

Reaction score
Help. I'm a Droid neophyte and need help. I've set up my Yahoo email account and it works fine. Except for the fact that my contacts did not sync. Which makes sending new emails a pain in the @$$. Anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks.

E1337Hax

Reaction score
Help. I'm a Droid neophyte and need help. I've set up my Yahoo email account and it works fine. Except for the fact that my contacts did not sync. Which makes sending new emails a pain in the @$$. Anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks.

Did you use the email app that comes with HTC sense?

DroidJT

Reaction score
Google *really* wants you to use their programs for easy syncing (contacts, mail, etc), so I would suggest setting one up and using it if *only* for this one task, one time even if you don't plan to use gmail much at all after. You will need to first export your contacts from yahoo. See this link from Google help on exporting your contacts to a csv file: Exporting contacts from other mail providers - Gmail Help

Then import to gmail (see following link) and android will sync to your phone when you set up your gmail account on your droidx: Importing CSV files - Gmail Help

OP
P

PorterFNU

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll try this after I get back in from clearing my driveway. Just heading out to deal with the first blizzard of the 2010-2011 season.

erict

Reaction score
Google *really* wants you to use their programs for easy syncing (contacts, mail, etc), so I would suggest setting one up and using it if *only* for this one task, one time even if you don't plan to use gmail much at all after. You will need to first export your contacts from yahoo. See this link from Google help on exporting your contacts to a csv file: Exporting contacts from other mail providers - Gmail Help

Then import to gmail (see following link) and android will sync to your phone when you set up your gmail account on your droidx: Importing CSV files - Gmail Help

This advice is spot on. I too could not figure out at the time that even though my yahoo account worked fine I could not compose an email with any of my contracts. I finally figured out that I had to import them all into gmail. Has work flawless every since.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
P

PorterFNU

Reaction score
I just imported my email contacts to Gmail. It was actually easier than I thought. I logged into my Gmail account from my computer (rather than my Droid) and there was an "Import Mail & Contacts" button on the top right of the the page. I just had to put my Yahoo account info in and it did the rest. Contacts are now on my Droid. Thanks for your help.