3rd Droid X Email problems

OP
Slappy11

Slappy11

Reaction score
I have 5 yahoo email accounts how easy will it be to send email from those account if I hook it up to my gmail?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

selex

Reaction score
From what I've been reading Yahoo IMAP is problematic and not an easy solution. Try forwarding Yahoo to Gmail, like everyones been suggesting, first in the setting and see how well it does. I don't know if Yahoo will allow you to send from the Yahoo account through the Gmail account for those multiple accounts.

The setting for Imap are at Setting up IMAP on your mobile device | The New Mobile Yahoo! Mail Experience Help
And then there are settings in the Yahoo account itself which must be switched to IMAP.

Selex

Rocko

Reaction score
I am on my 3rd droid X. Love the phone but keep having problems. In the past I set up my yahoo email accounts with no problem. This time I set them up and I can recieve emails but cant send them. I have to manually check to recieve. I don't have sync over wifi on and I have fetch set up for every hour.

Is there a trick that I need to set up these yahoo email accounts?

This is a common problem and Moto is supposedly going to release a fix.

OP
Slappy11

Slappy11

Reaction score
I am on my 3rd droid X. Love the phone but keep having problems. In the past I set up my yahoo email accounts with no problem. This time I set them up and I can recieve emails but cant send them. I have to manually check to recieve. I don't have sync over wifi on and I have fetch set up for every hour.

Do you have a link to this or is it rumor?

Rocko

Reaction score

Do you have a link to this or is it rumor?

This is from a Moto employee on the Moto support forums.

erict

Reaction score
From what I've been reading Yahoo IMAP is problematic and not an easy solution. Try forwarding Yahoo to Gmail, like everyones been suggesting, first in the setting and see how well it does. I don't know if Yahoo will allow you to send from the Yahoo account through the Gmail account for those multiple accounts.

The setting for Imap are at Setting up IMAP on your mobile device | The New Mobile Yahoo! Mail Experience Help
And then there are settings in the Yahoo account itself which must be switched to IMAP.

Selex

Not sure if you meant sending an email from gmail that was forwarded from Yahoo. I send all my Yahoo emails through gmail. In fact, I have it set up to show my Yahoo address instead of my gmail address.

OP
Slappy11

Slappy11

Reaction score
So you are saying I can send email from gmail but make it look like it came from one of my yahoo address. With having so many different yahoo emails I need to be able to switch between them

erict

Reaction score
So you are saying I can send email from gmail but make it look like it came from one of my yahoo address. With having so many different yahoo emails I need to be able to switch between them

I have only one yahoo address and one gmail address. I set up within my gmail account under settings to show any mail that is sent by me to show it was sent from my yahoo address. Like I said before, I get my emails withing seconds and works fabulous this way.

Now since you have multiple yahoo addresses and would forward them all to your gmail account you can only set up only one of your yahoo addresses to show when sending an email. What I think you would need to do is set a gmail account up for each yahoo address so when you send or respond to an email from a particular yahoo account it will show that pacific yahoo address.

Rocko

Reaction score

Selex

Not sure if you meant sending an email from gmail that was forwarded from Yahoo. I send all my Yahoo emails through gmail. In fact, I have it set up to show my Yahoo address instead of my gmail address.

I think you need to have Yahoo Premium for this. I couldn't get gmail to pull my yahoo emails into the inbox.

OP
Slappy11

Slappy11

Reaction score

I have only one yahoo address and one gmail address. I set up within my gmail account under settings to show any mail that is sent by me to show it was sent from my yahoo address. Like I said before, I get my emails withing seconds and works fabulous this way.

Now since you have multiple yahoo addresses and would forward them all to your gmail account you can only set up only one of your yahoo addresses to show when sending an email. What I think you would need to do is set a gmail account up for each yahoo address so when you send or respond to an email from a particular yahoo account it will show that pacific yahoo address.

That sounds like work!

OP
Slappy11

Slappy11

Reaction score
Good News Bad News. Bad news is that I got this phone on the 18 of JAN. The speaker in my phone (the one that goes up to your ear) is blown. They are sending me a new phone this will be my 4th Droid X since Sept. Very frustrating.

Good news is hopefully the emails will work with this one.