Yahoo E-Mail

sohldaddy

Reaction score
Ok i read on hear a few weeks ago about setting up my yahoo email on my droid, it worked fine for a bit, but now it never checks/alerts me to new mail, what can i do to fix this, or what did i do wrong? Thanks for your help.

laterr

Reaction score
Did you make sure that "email notifications" is checked under the account settings? Also make sure that "sync" is turned on as well as making sure that "email check frequency" isn't set to "never."

bL33d

Reaction score
ok do what i did create a gmail account and then set it up to forward emails from other account put ur yahoo account info in then start useing gmail app instead and go to settings lables sync to all and u will get updates way more often and gmail app is better then standard email app.

Mars

Reaction score
You have to keep wifi turned off if you want to use Yahoo email. Not just while you set it up. Always!

yup absolutely correct! when i have my wi-fi on, my yahoo does not work for anything

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
...and if you continue to read the Yahoo threads you'll see that it just doesn't work at all for some people. It was off and on for me and I've just given up at this point.

peter584

Reaction score
...and if you continue to read the Yahoo threads you'll see that it just doesn't work at all for some people. It was off and on for me and I've just given up at this point.
same here, hotmail too

rsdroid

Reaction score
Also, make sure you're excluding your yahoo email from your kill lists in your Task Manager. You probably have, but I didn't do this at first and had trouble, now I get my email and notifications almost instantly.