Y Didn't Droid get MotoBlur?

Madvincent

Reaction score
hey i got a question that i have been wondering for a wile is y did the Droid not get motoblur when it was released? i mean it was the most popular phone on the android market i think so y didn't they add that? dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it's a blessing. I prefer the Vanilla Android rather than having something added :) Just my opinion.

xliderider

Reaction score
Because the Droid was released as "An Android Experience" phone, meaning it was to have plain ol' Google Android. It was a blessing, because as such, Verizon couldn't mess with it or remove features from the phone (like AT&T did with the Backflip). ;)

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have bought the Droid is they put Moto Blur on it. We would likely still be on 2.01 if they had...

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was a google experience phone, yes, but it was also intended as a developers phone, so a UI like motoblur isn't an option.

AZDroid09

Reaction score
hey i got a question that i have been wondering for a wile is y did the Droid not get motoblur when it was released? i mean it was the most popular phone on the android market i think so y didn't they add that? dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

The absence of Motoblur is one of the big reasons why it is one of the most popular Android phones ever on the Market. I also would have never bought it if it came with Motobloat.....

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same here. I selected the Droid, in part, because it was a Google Experience device.