xt907 Root S.O.S.

keepthechange

Reaction score
For the love of God I hope someone can help me...
I've owned and successfully (with ZERO problems) rooted OG, Droid 2, Thunderbolt, Charge, Bionic, Razr Maxx and installed custom roms on most...
Just purchased a Razr M XT907 running 4.1.2 (all other phones broke and im not giving up unlimited data until they blackball me) and I can't root this thing to save my effin life.
I've tried all 3 tools I've been able to find and all fail.
Details:
Latest Moto drivers - check
New Moto USB cable - check
Allow ADB Debugging / mock locations - check
Allow unknown software sources - check
Factory Reset - check (like 8 times)

WTF is going on?!? It's a true pain thumbing thru 14 pages of a thread when 12 of them have NOTHING to do with the thread but I've done it numerous times and still no help. I'll donate / tip someone if they can help me root this ****er. PLEASE HELP - wifi tether is my own personal way of sticking it to the man hahaha

Neverleft7

Reaction score
If your system version is the 98.18.78 the root exploit has been patched for now I'm told a new root method is under development now. I have read (but don't know if it works ) that matt's utility's will still work to root your phone if you use option 1 again I don't know if it works but have seen a few post of people who says it does

OP
K

keepthechange

Reaction score
If your system version is the 98.18.78 the root exploit has been patched for now I'm told a new root method is under development now. I have read (but don't know if it works ) that matt's utility's will still work to root your phone if you use option 1 again I don't know if it works but have seen a few post of people who says it does

Hey man, thanks for the quick response. Just bought/activated this phone 2 days ago and no OTA has arrived yet. Currently running 98.16.3.XT907.Verizon.en.US

Neverleft7

Reaction score
Matt's utility's for the RAZR M should do the trick just be sure to not take the ota

Neverleft7

Reaction score
Sorry meant to also say that I haven't used Matt's utility's but read good things about it I used motochooper to root mine and it worked perfectly

Neverleft7

Reaction score
Sorry meant to add that I haven't used Matt's utilits but have read good things about it I used motorooter and it worked great

josh.lop6

Reaction score
If it updates to 98.18.78 just use Matt's utility option 1 to fast boot back to 98.16 and then root it with the utility. Then use voodoo to protect root and temp unroot before you update. When it finishes restore root and wipe the cache. Runs fast and smooth.

Scimino

Reaction score
If it updates to 98.18.78 just use Matt's utility option 1 to fast boot back to 98.16 and then root it with the utility. Then use voodoo to protect root and temp unroot before you update. When it finishes restore root and wipe the cache. Runs fast and smooth.

I really don't think that is a very good idea. That a good way to brick the phone. The only thing that is safe to use on the utility with the new update is installing a custom recovery.

jhlarson1

Reaction score
What am I missing?

I've tried motochopper 1 and 1.1
usb debug on - check
latest drivers - check
run as admin - check

From what I've gathered I should be able to root.
sys. ver. - 98.16.3.xt907.verizon.en.us
mod. num. - droid razr m
android ver. - 4.1.2
build num. - 9.8.1q-78-1
build date - wed may 29 13:16:28 cdt 2013

Neverleft7

Reaction score
I've tried motochopper 1 and 1.1
usb debug on - check
latest drivers - check
run as admin - check

From what I've gathered I should be able to root.
sys. ver. - 98.16.3.xt907.verizon.en.us
mod. num. - droid razr m
android ver. - 4.1.2
build num. - 9.8.1q-78-1
build date - wed may 29 13:16:28 cdt 2013

Have u tried Matt's utility's it will work on pretty much any sys version I've even used it to do a successful root on the newest ota just use option one

jhlarson1

Reaction score
Have u tried Matt's utility's it will work on pretty much any sys version I've even used it to do a successful root on the newest ota just use option one

I haven't tried option 1 yet because I am afraid I'll brick the phone. An unrooted phone is worth more to me than a phone I bricked.

Neverleft7

Reaction score
I haven't tried option 1 yet because I am afraid I'll brick the phone. An unrooted phone is worth more to me than a phone I bricked.

Well the only other option I now of is here [SCRIPT/UTILITY] ROOT RAZR M XT907 for LOCKED Devices on 9.18.78 - Droid Razr M Development [XT907] - DroidRzr.com

lowvolt

Reaction score
If you have rooted other devices you can undoubtedly root the M with Matt's utility. It is virtually impossible to brick a phone these days. I took the OTA lost root, used Matt's utility to fast boot back to version before the OTA and re rooted. All without bricking it.
You can do it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2