xScope problem on 2.2 Froyo?

J5.

Reaction score
Everytime I try an use xScope on 2.2 with it in landscape, when I try an type in the address bar or other field with the virtual keyboard the screen will start to jump around everytime I hit a key.... anyone else have this problem? I've been using the stock browser with no problems but would like to go back to xScope if there's a way to fix this issue....

angler1

Reaction score
I've had the same issue. Apparently something to do with Google not xscope. I've been using xscope since the beginning and love it but had to go with another browser until it is fixed. Try dolphin hq. Takes alittle getting used to but its nice.

Edit. This issue has to do with 2.2. Go back to 2.1 and it will run normally again.

Last edited:
OP
J5.

J5.

Reaction score
I've had the same issue. Apparently something to do with Google not xscope. I've been using xscope since the beginning and love it but had to go with another browser until it is fixed. Try dolphin hq. Takes alittle getting used to but its nice.

Edit. This issue has to do with 2.2. Go back to 2.1 and it will run normally again.

Thanks for the quick response.. I installed dolphin HD an it seems to work pretty well.. I think I could get used to it over time.. is there a way to set Flash to "on demand"? I can't seem to find it....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I could not run xScope on 2.2. I tried it and it failed miserably. Dolphin worked ok for a while but then they updated and when they did the bookmarks look funny. I was happy with it but since I've gone back to stock browser. I'm sticking with stock.

OP
J5.

J5.

Reaction score
I could not run xScope on 2.2. I tried it and it failed miserably. Dolphin worked ok for a while but then they updated and when they did the bookmarks look funny. I was happy with it but since I've gone back to stock browser. I'm sticking with stock.

I've also been using stock browser since switching to 2.2.. it runs way faster than before on 2.1 but the only thing I don't like is that you can't set it to always start in desktop mode..

validoption

Reaction score
Just tried this out and I'm not experiencing the same issue. Of course, I'm using swype for my virtual kb, and not the android kb, so maybe that's the "fix"? but it works great; no jumping, flitting, etc.