Xoom to Get Adobe Flash Player 10.2 March 18th; Motorola Releases OTA Prep Update

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-tweet-flash-mar18.png

Tonight, Motorola plans to release a 3.0.1 OTA update to Honeycomb, that will prepare it for some great news. Adobe announced that Flash Player 10.2 for Honeycomb will arrive on March 18th. You only have to wait on this update from Motorola, as they will push it out themselves.

This is amazing news for Xoom owners, and those who are sitting on the fence because of Xoom's lack of Flash support.

Let the rejoicing commence. dancedroid

Source: Android.net via AndroidCommunity

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Why was Flash not supported on release? I just don't get it. Was it Adobe slacking on supporting HC or Moto being stupid?

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I wonder if any other goodies are packed into the update?

Ictinike

Reaction score
Very Nice and awaiting both the OTA and Flash soon! :)

Still lovin my Xoom!

dman59

Reaction score
Got my update notice a few minutes ago. Can't wait for flash.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why was Flash not supported on release? I just don't get it. Was it Adobe slacking on supporting HC or Moto being stupid?

Huh? This is an odd reaction.

Maybe Motorola didn't want to delay shipment over Flash when Flash is a software update. Your arguments above would be better for the 4G update, except for the Adobe slacking part.

dafischman

Reaction score
ok, I'll feed the troll...

Does the Ipad 2 for $499 have 3G? Will it be getting flash? USB or HDMI outs (without spending more for another cable)? Upgradable to 4G in the future?

You're not comparing apples to apples (no pun intended). The Ipad you quote only has 16GB of storage rather than 32GB, no 3G, no chance at flash or 4G. If you want to compare similar speced items, compare the 32GB 3G version. Let's see, Verizon and ATT are not subsidizing either, so with a plan you pay $730 for the Ipad 2 vs $599 for the Xoom, seems like a far better deal for a better unit.

Now once wifi only Xooms come out, I will be curious to see the pricing in comparison to the $599 price point of the 32GB Ipad2.

dafischman

Reaction score
Oops forgot to add, that I the rumored price is $539 for the wifi only Xoom which would suggest it would be a better value compared to the Ipad2 as well.

alant40

Reaction score
After reading for sometime, I just had to register and give my 2 cents with regards to the Ipad. I own one. It's nice. Apps are there strong suit until developers get cracking for Android tablets. But I like the Honeycomb based tablets better. As others have stated, no flash, no USB support, no HDMI support, no 4G, and most of all; I am so tired of having to do anything with Apple through ITunes! I like the Xoom; have tried it out at my local Verizon store. But to have to send it back to Motorola for the 4G update is absurd! I'm waiting on the Galaxy II tablet. :)

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can we keep this thread on topic guys? iPad is nice but it has nothing to do with the xoom getting flash. Tired of these threads turning into a competition. Same stuff is always said.
Xoom getting flash which is cool. I really hope it turns out to support the facebook stuff. My mom would definitely buy one if it does.

Reaction score
ok, I'll feed the troll...

Does the Ipad 2 for $499 have 3G? Will it be getting flash? USB or HDMI outs (without spending more for another cable)? Upgradable to 4G in the future?

You're not comparing apples to apples (no pun intended). The Ipad you quote only has 16GB of storage rather than 32GB, no 3G, no chance at flash or 4G. If you want to compare similar speced items, compare the 32GB 3G version. Let's see, Verizon and ATT are not subsidizing either, so with a plan you pay $730 for the Ipad 2 vs $599 for the Xoom, seems like a far better deal for a better unit.

Now once wifi only Xooms come out, I will be curious to see the pricing in comparison to the $599 price point of the 32GB Ipad2.

Can't someone place an objectionable thought without being labeld a troll? At least let it be done by someone with more then 1/5 of the "trolls" post count. Thanks

To compare 3g, the ipad 2 with 3g is still cheaper. My point is, Apple has an enormous fan base that says "I will buy anything that's shinny with an Apple on it". In order for Android based systems to not compete, but destroy all other competitors, then they should not use the same or even a higher price than Apple has.

That was one of the best things about Android, other than the fact that it is a far superior OS, it is also priced competitively, where as the Xoom is not.

All I am saying is, Instead of stealing Apple's customer base, they are making them think, "Hey, I can get my shinny Apple product, and for less then the other guys stuff."

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Flash has already been leaked for Xoom.
Got it running like a champ on my tablet....well, at least the sites I use, its working well.