Xoom Text Messaging

RickDroid

Reaction score
Is there an app or can I get an app for my Xoom so I can send & recieve text message from it just like my phone...using my Xoom's phone number?

Last edited:

chadwick108

Reaction score
text package on xoom

I am also looking for one also no luck yet...I know verizon also offers text package on Xoom like with cell phones which I may do. Please let me know if you find alternative. Thanks!

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Hey guys, have you tried fring ?
As our Xooms run 3.0... They do not text as do the phones, I'm told it is one of the differences with the tablet os.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Fring is fun... Wife lost her Dinc and called me from her gtab each with it... We text with it as well... I think it sims texting by IM'ing?

chadwick108

Reaction score
I am also able to do same with google talk for those users but was looking for a way to text others as well

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Confirmed with vzw...
Xoom lacks phone properties and a phone number so direct texting is not an option. Im is however am option via data radios... 3 g/ 4 g/ wifi...

OP
RickDroid

RickDroid

Reaction score
You can send/receive sms (no mms) with Google voice.

Not on a "Verizon" branded Xoom you can't, Google Voice or anything else...yet! After the major "4G" upgrade early this summer, SMS and MMS along with the micro SD memory slot will be enabled and added to the Xoom services. Those services are disabled as of now so there is NO way to text or mms from a "Verizon" Xoom using the Xoom itself or the Xoom's assigned phone number!

My work-around for the time being is a great FREE program called Text-em. Its web based, sends and receives text and mms messages, and uses an email address or the services inbox for retrival of messages...Cheers!

Last edited:

ecubuntu

Reaction score
I use Google Voice on my Xoom

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums