Xoom over priced!

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
Really want the xoom tablet but at 800 can't do it... and re Ipad2 is HALF that price. While I in no way want an Apple of any kind. Just don't get why xoom would price themselves out of the mkt like that. Ok vent over

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Triumphrider

Reaction score
The Xoom is well worth the money. And if you wanna go the cheaper route, just wait till the wifi only version come out.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
News flash: Droid X is not a Xoom. Moved to correct area. ;)

DeeMat

Reaction score
I went to the VZW store today and played around with a Xoom. I liked it but for some reason it felt heavier than I would like and not as responsive. However, if I had $800 burning my pocket, I would buy it.

OP
LadyPhoenix

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
Sorry. What forum and board was this moved to? And ty for the sans club idea.

DeeMat

Reaction score
Sorry. What forum and board was this moved to? And ty for the sans club idea.

Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum > Verizon Android Tablets > Motorola Xoom

kennyc

Reaction score
People keep saying this, but I don't think it's really true. If you compare similarly featured (of course iPad doesn't have sdcard or 4G capability or usb) then the prices are not that different and you get an open system. So there. :)

Kanibull

Reaction score
viewsonic gtablet has pretty close specs without comparing cell signals(since it only comes in wifi only) for much cheaper. It also has custom aosp roms already.

gquiring

Reaction score
Really want the xoom tablet but at 800 can't do it... and re Ipad2 is HALF that price. While I in no way want an Apple of any kind. Just don't get why xoom would price themselves out of the mkt like that. Ok vent over

Your not comparing equal systems. Apple's $500 iPad is WiFi only and 16gig. The Xoom is 32gb and 3G/4G. So the iPad with 32gig and 3G is $729. So yes the Xoom is $70 more, iPad is NOT half the price. The XOOM also includes USB and a microSD card slot that Apple does not. The XOOM also has better cameras and a higher res display. What Xoom does not have is vast library of tablet only apps. That's gonna take some time.

OP
LadyPhoenix

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying & suggestions

ChelseaBlue

Reaction score
Xoom also has Flash 10.2 leaked today and official flash to be released on the 18. IPad equals not

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I think it's over priced also. I was in the mall at the Verizon kiosk and one of the girls was trying to make a sale to me. She also offered the Galaxy Tab to me but I told her I wasn't interested in 2.2. I'll probably go back when the price goes down. No sooner than that though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kyler13

Reaction score
I really have no interest in paying laptop prices for a tablet, but I did test drive the Xoom recently in a Verizon store and have to admit despite its price, it offers far more value than a comparably equipped ipad2 based on what it can do. I also felt that it was a smooth experience and in no way inferior to the ipad2 which seemed to me to be just a scaled up (in size and price) iphone. The poor Xoom sales compared with the lines for the ipad2 completely baffles me. I'd like to think it's because of the less storage and wi-fi only options on the ipad2, but my better sense tells me it's more likely brainwashing.

kennyc

Reaction score
.. The poor Xoom sales compared with the lines for the ipad2 completely baffles me. I'd like to think it's because of the less storage and wi-fi only options on the ipad2, but my better sense tells me it's more likely brainwashing.

Not really poor, but it is ALL ABOUT MARKETING. Jobs is the P.T. Barnum of technology.