XOOM lost some of its usefulness after 4.1 Update

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
My XOOM 32gb wifi got the 4.1 Jelly Bean update a little while ago. At first, I really liked how the tablet was running. But after a few days I started noticing some flaws. For one, I used to be able to tether to my RAZR via bluetooth and get on Verizon's 4G network. Now, it won't connect to the phone at all. It pairs, but won't connect. The other problem I have is that quickly Office Pro does not work. I can open a new document, but I can't save it and I can't open other saved documents. I wouldn't care so much if I hadn't paid $15 for that app. Anyone else having these issues?

Sent from my resurrected DROID RAZR with ICS

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
What have you tried to attempt to get Bluetooth tethering to work on your XOOM? Like, have you unpaired your razr from XOOM, and vice versa? Then power cycle both of them to clear it?

From personal Bluetooth experience, sometimes updates can make bluetooth act wonky, and you have to unpair/repair the stuff to get it to work.

OP
StephenC

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
tjk629 said:
What have you tried to attempt to get Bluetooth tethering to work on your XOOM? Like, have you unpaired your razr from XOOM, and vice versa? Then power cycle both of them to clear it?

From personal Bluetooth experience, sometimes updates can make bluetooth act wonky, and you have to unpair/repair the stuff to get it to work.

Yes I have done this multiple times. I know the Bluetooth is working because my Bluetooth keyboard still connects and works. I'm thinking a FDR might be in order. I've never done one on my XOOM, even during the transition from Honeycomb. I really don't want to do one, because this is the only problem I have EVER had with the XOOM.

Sent from my XOOM with Jelly Bean!

OP
StephenC

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
Well I fixed Quick Office. Uninstalled and reinstalled it. Bluetooth tethering still doesn't work, but I think it may be something with my phone (which I did FDR after ICS). My phone would not tether to a brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 either.

Sent from my XOOM with Jelly Bean!

wcjeep

Reaction score
My Xoom will random crash and it lost some tactile response with Jelly update. Everything was smooth with ICS.

OP
StephenC

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
wcjeep said:
My Xoom will random crash and it lost some tactile response with Jelly update. Everything was smooth with ICS.

Have you tried a Factory Data Reset? I know we run around saying that like parrots, but in most cases it fixes glitches like that after software updates. I still haven't done one, but I fixed most of my issues.

Sent from my resurrected DROID RAZR with ICS

pfleigh56

Reaction score
Has JB come out yet? I haven't received an update for my xoom with JB. It updated to ICS last year and I love the new look. Took forever for my Bionic to upgrade to ICS...actually it took replacing my phone to get ICS...my old phone went kapoot on me and completely lost its signal!

OP
StephenC

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
Has JB come out yet? I haven't received an update for my xoom with JB. It updated to ICS last year and I love the new look. Took forever for my Bionic to upgrade to ICS...actually it took replacing my phone to get ICS...my old phone went kapoot on me and completely lost its signal!

I've had JB since summer of 2012. Do you have the WiFi only Xoom or the WiFi+4G model?

OP
StephenC

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
wifi + 4G model. what is the difference with 2 models and updating and why hasn't mine updated?

The only difference between the two is yours has 4G connectivity and mine does not. Verizon usually holds back updates, which I think is ridiculous. So until they allow it to pass through their system, you're stuck.