Xoom Finally Getting LTE Upgrade

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
xoom.jpg

Remember months ago when you bought the Xoom and thought you'd get LTE once available? well fast forward till tomorrow, and you were right. The LTE upgrade for the Xoom that was expected months ago is finally available this coming Thursday September 29th. The upgrade will be free for current Xoom owners, and all you will have to do is send in your Xoom for the upgrade.

For those that still want the Xoom and don't mind waiting for the new version with LTE, which I don't know who would considering the Galaxy Tab 10.1 puts the Xoom to shame, will be available October 13th for $499.

Verizon Upgrade site

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
People who bought those - all 20 of them - should be given a free Xoom2 for this fraud.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree it's ridiculous, early 3G Xoom adopters paid in excess of $800 (if you include tax) with the promise of being the first 4G tablet

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
My wifi Xoom got a 4G upgrade back in April... when I purchased a ThunderBolt and paid for tethering.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
They need to get free data for a year if not more. How can they advertise i as an LTE device and then say FU.

raw33

Reaction score
Do we know when the 3.2.2 update will roll out OTA?

I un-locked the device after I got it back from the 4G upgrade then had to re-lock which downgraded me to 3.0.
I'm back at 3.2 but now I can't connect to 3G. I'm not in a 4G area...