Xiaomi Mi5's 4-Axis Optical Image Stabilization Is The Coolest Thing Announced At MWC!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Xiaomi just announced the Mi5 at Mobile World Congress. This is a phone we expected to release around the time of CES, but Xiaomi said they wouldn't release it until it was perfect. This is a behemoth of a device for under $400. To bad we will likely not see it in the US any time soon. This phone does more than just provide the end user with a handful of awesome specs. It is actually bringing ground breaking innovation to the market!

The new device includes a feature dubbed "anti-shake camera". The Mi5 uses 4-axis Optical Image Stabilization to achieve this. In the video above you can see how much of a difference this truly makes. I am hoping this becomes the standard in smartphones going forward.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Nice. Seems to me though that using the accelerometer in combination could correct for even the smallest shakes and make the image completely still.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is a 240p video a poor choice in advertising for how great a device is at taking video? I know the video wasn't taken with the Mi5, but still.