Xiaomi Announces Gorgeous New Mi Note and Mi Note Pro; Becoming a Major Mobile Player

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
xiaomi-mi-note.jpg

Xiaomi is becoming a force to be reckoned with in the mobile world. Their growth has been astonishing. They were recently valued at a substantial $45 billion and have invested hundreds of millions in dozens of new tech companies from TVs to air conditioners. On top of that, they shipped 61.1 million units of low-cost smartphones last year. By selling inexpensive devices in their native country of China, they have quickly risen to be one of the top mobile players.

However, selling low-end devices isn't their only goal, and they just announced two impressive new devices to prove it. These are the Mi Note and the Mi Note Pro. Take a look at these insane specs:

Xiaomi Mi Note - 16GB (CN¥2,299 or about $370) or 64GB (CN¥2,799 or about US$450)
  • 5.7-inch Sharp / JDI 1080p (386 ppi) NEGA LCD - with a 95 percent NTSC color gamut, improved outdoor performance and lower power requirements
  • 2.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 chip
  • Adreno 330 graphics processor
  • 3GB LPDDR3 RAM
  • 13-megapixel f/2.0 module - Sony (IMX214), with a 6-lens f 2.0 aperture, OIS, - dual-color LED flash by Philips
  • 4MP "large-pixel" front-facing camera (similar to HTC's Ultra-Pixel design)
  • HiFi feature: Includes a Sabre ES9018K2M high-end DAC, along with Analog Devices' ADA4896 and TI's OPA1612 amplifiers - this is for headphones of both high and low impedance - native playback support for lossless formats like APE, FLAC, DSD and WAV
  • Gorilla Glass 3 on both the front ("2.5D" curved) and back ("3D" curved)
  • 3,000mAh battery plus internal storage of either 16GB or 64GB
  • LTE Dual-SIM
  • Black or white color options
Xiaomi Mi Note Pro - CN¥3,299 or about $530
  • 5.7-inch Quad HD (2,560 x 1,440; 515 ppi) Display (with same enhanced design as the Mi Note)
  • 2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 810
  • Adreno 430 GPU
  • 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
  • 64GB of internal storage
  • LTE Cat 9 (450Mbps) radio
  • 3,090mAh battery
  • Gold Color
  • *Includes all of the other features shown in the Mi Note above, like the camera, audio, glass and more
Sadly, there's no indication that this will be coming to the US, but we will keep you informed as to when and where it finally does launch to retail. Wouldn't you guys like to see these come to the US?

Source: Note

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of shots of the Mi Note Pro:

xiaomi-mi-note-pro-1-710x710.jpg

mi-note-pro-shot-2.jpg

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
That's a great price if you don't mind using HSDPA in the U.S. Nobody has Cat 9 here.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
That's sexy :cool:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Call me American Centric if you must, but until VZW, TMO, Sprint, ATT, Boost or ANY American carrier starts carrying Xiaomi products = *BIG YAWN*. Actually... when you make a dent... anywhere outside of China... maybe then I'll pay attention.

How do you say that name, anyway?
ZOME-EE
ZI-AH-OH-MI
TSO-ME
CH-AH-OH-ME

Finally... I tried MIUI awhile ago. S'ok. If I liked it that much, I'd just get an iPhone.
:D

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Call me American Centric if you must, but until VZW, TMO, Sprint, ATT, Boost or ANY American carrier starts carrying Xiaomi products = *BIG YAWN*. Actually... when you make a dent... anywhere outside of China... maybe then I'll pay attention.

How do you say that name, anyway?
ZOME-EE
ZI-AH-OH-MI
TSO-ME
CH-AH-OH-ME

Finally... I tried MIUI awhile ago. S'ok. If I liked it that much, I'd just get an iPhone.
:D

There is no way these phones ever make it to a U.S. carrier.

I have an iPhone. Miui is like iOS and Android had a baby. There is a lot of customizing with Miui which I enjoyed.