Xbox live through wireless tethering?

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
I use the app wireless tether for root users. I have heard lots of things reguarding this. Some say that you will get a huge bill at Tue end of the month, others say that Xbox live uses very little data.

What's your comments or opinions?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score
If you are asking if you you can play on Live using the tethering I would say not to even try. I would assume live passes tons of data if you are playing cod or even using netflix. And regards to the high bill I believe by rooting and tethering you get the use of tethering for free? Its just that if in one month u use 15gbs of data instead of a normal like 2-4gbs I think verizon might take notice.

This is all an educated guess don't quote me haha... just wanted to see you get some direction asap

geoff5093

Reaction score
Unless you are downloading updates, demos, mods, maps, etc., I doubt it uses much data. If it's anything like PC gaming it uses very little data to actually play online. Now will it be enjoyable? Probably not, the lag is probably going to get you kicked from most servers. If you do use it, check your account online to make sure that the data isn't getting out of control.

OP
H

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
I have played online this way and have experienced no lag. I have a great connection. I was amazed at how fast it really was.

Still gonna go and check how much data is being used. I have downloaded a app that supposedly counts my data usage. Ill see what happens.

Fuchueson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 4
Twitter
mc_morris
I have done it and I can tell you that it will not work with Halo lol. It makes the game extremely laggy.

(man I'm a nerd...)

tw1992

Reaction score
It works great aslong as just one person is playing, not quite like cable but you will get around 100-150 ping most the time and it hardly uses data...I think the most I've used is like 400mb and that was playing for like 10 hours or something