X2 worth it now?

elbear

Reaction score
After having the OG droid for what seems like a few years now, I feel it's time to upgrade. My brother recently got the Bionic, and I loved the huge screen. I know the x2 is pretty dated, especially only having 512mb of ram. Anything is an upgrade from my droid now, it seems. Anyway, I was surfing around, looking at Wirefly and AmazonWireless and found that I could get the X2 pretty cheap (free at wirefly, $0.01 at Amazon. I'd rather go with Amazon anyway, I trust them more).

Would getting the X2 this long after it's release be worth it? It seems the X2 is one of my only options because of the price. I don't have a big budget for a phone, but I'd like to get one with a much bigger screen than my OG Droid. I have read another thread on the subject, and took in both the good and bad experiences from the X2 owners. Any other input on whether it'd be worth it to upgrade for such a low price would be appreciated, as would any other options. Thanks.

gunner8168

Reaction score
It depends if your into custom roms and what not and also are you interested in rooting I have the OG X and since they updated it I am stuck with a stock phone. So if you just want a good phone and are not going to root and rom then yes you really can't beat that price

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
E

elbear

Reaction score
Roms dont really matter. Itd be a plus but far from an important point.

gunner8168

Reaction score
Well im just making sure and as far as rooting anymore it seems like Motorola doesn't give a crap about their customers they have been pushing updates across all phones locking them down but I can't say for sure about the x2 the only thing I personally miss is the ad blockers

landofthedroid

Reaction score
I would say no. If price is factor I know that Amazon has all the epic 4g touch for a penny as well. That is if you want to swithch carriers and are contract free. If you want to stick with Verizon, then I would say either the rezound, razor, spectrum or Droid 4. Over the course of the contract the price of the phone will not make a difference.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
E

elbear

Reaction score
The razr looked nice, but again the only reason I would upgrade is because of the cheaper price. $0.01 for an 8 month old phone to me is a steal, considering its $50 if you do it through Verizon.

forumjunkie44

Reaction score
I would suggest you save up and get a 4G phone. Check Walmart Best Buy RadioShack etc. 3G phones are going obsolete.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

gunner8168

Reaction score
Just my option but ever since moto started using the crappy QHD display I've had no desire to get another moto im getting a galaxy nexus

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
I pushed my brother to get the X2 about 6 months ago through Wirefly because of the price. Its wayyy to glitchy a phone IMO, and he runs it stock. If price is a concern, like the previous poster said, the Bionic for a .01 is good and the phone is only a few months old.

OP
E

elbear

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone. I figure ill save up and try to get the razr maxx. I probably should've mentioned id be using an upgrade, so many of the amazon prices would go up. The bionic was $0.01 until I clicked family plan upgrade, to which it jumped to $50, and the razr was almost a steal at $34.99 until I clicked upgrade, haha. Thanks for all of your help guys.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Nice choice, I hear all good things about the maxx

Sent from My Rooted MB870/DROID X2 Running CM7

music life

Reaction score
Good choice not going with the X2. Ive had it over a year and have regretted buying it everyday since.

Really just a pos phone. Ive never dealt with so much lag in my life.

Im prolly gonna try and root it and wont even care if i destroy it. Id rather have my EnV touch right now over this worthless device.