WTF?! My droid just erased all my text messages...

startracker64

Reaction score
Well I got away from the stock txt'ing app, someone turned me onto an app called 'handcent' very nice app and happy with it. no problems with it so far.

Skytile

Reaction score
Happened to me even while I was using Handcent. So I don't think using another messaging App really helps.

startracker64

Reaction score
Then I guess I am one of the lucky ones, this hasn't happened to me yet, knock on wood

OP
drek

drek

Reaction score
Hm. So I guess the options are to unroot and go back to stock with 2.2 or try another ROM...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Hm. So I guess the options are to unroot and go back to stock with 2.2 or try another ROM...

That won't make any difference....I've seen it happen across the board on the droid.

OP
drek

drek

Reaction score

That won't make any difference....I've seen it happen across the board on the droid.

Hm. OK then. I guess I'll upgrade to BB .4 then if it won't make a difference. lol. Now to remember how to do that.... lol.

BSmith

Reaction score
What was interesting to me was I hadn't seen it in quite a while with 2.1. Granted, I'm single so the text messaging isn't 3K a month anymore either. I didn't see it with regular 2.2, but I only ran it for a few days before going to BB 2.2 v.3. I noticed it a few times with that in the week or so I had it. Upgraded to v.4 and didn't see it but only ran it for a few days.

I went back to stock 2.1 to warranty the battery only to find out that my phone isn't running dead now like it has been since I bought the thing. But that's another thread.