all text messages just got deleted

Cole119

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me today too. I don't think a task killer is the problem because I haven't even used a task killer today and I don't have it delete apps automatically.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me today too. I don't think a task killer is the problem because I haven't even used a task killer today and I don't have it delete apps automatically.

But you have the task killer installed and that in itself seems to be the issue. Deleting the task killer should fix your problem.

Briankbl

Reaction score
seems if you kill apps alot with a task killer you tend to have the sms vanish thing happen

SMS Backup is a nice app it will auto upload your sms messages to your gmail with a SMS label in its own little fake folder really nice for that plus having a searchable archive both on pc and phone through the gmail app is pretty impressive

+A BAJILLION (too many zero's)

SMS Backup is incredible. I wish more people new about this app before having to deal with this issue. I haven't had this happen to me yet, but it is great to know my messages are safe just seconds after sending/receiving them :)

Not to be a dick, but jeez....

You people really think texts are THAT important??? Jesus....

Texts are that important for me. Often, during text convo's, a phone number or address might come up that I forget to save to my contacts. It's always nice to be able to go back into your text history to find stuff like that if need be.

bigthinker

Reaction score
I have it set to never delete old texts and for some reason my phone just randomly deleted every message i had

any ideas?

also, how can i delete a navigation route from my layers on maps?
I know this post is over 30 days old.....But I just had it happen to me when installing 3rd Party app Chomp for Text. Installed, and then Poof....All of my texts were gone as well.....10,000 of them at least.....My contacts were also deleted. I removed Chomp and MOST of my contacts came back....Texts did not.....Just letting you all know...I know the culprit here and it Bit me in the backside! I have the tooth marks to prove it! :motdroidhoriz:

M Diddy

Reaction score
+A BAJILLION (too many zero's)

SMS Backup is incredible. I wish more people new about this app before having to deal with this issue. I haven't had this happen to me yet, but it is great to know my messages are safe just seconds after sending/receiving them :)

Not to be a dick, but jeez....

You people really think texts are THAT important??? Jesus....

Texts are that important for me. Often, during text convo's, a phone number or address might come up that I forget to save to my contacts. It's always nice to be able to go back into your text history to find stuff like that if need be.

Understood, but if they are THAT important, I immediately add them to contacts. If I don't, it's really not that important, is it? :)

Last edited:

nyyfan

Reaction score
texts are quite important to me. in anycase they're things that should not randomly be deleted. i've had this happen three times and it's completely unacceptable. this must be fixed on 2.1. anyone had any success preventing this?

Reaction score

But you have the task killer installed and that in itself seems to be the issue. Deleting the task killer should fix your problem.

I have never installed, bought, or downloaded a task killer app of any kind, and am still having this issue...

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

I have never installed, bought, or downloaded a task killer app of any kind, and am still having this issue...

It would also help everyone if you (and others) posted what app they are using for messages. Native, or otherwise. Helps to possibly narrow down the issue.

Reaction score

It would also help everyone if you (and others) posted what app they are using for messages. Native, or otherwise. Helps to possibly narrow down the issue.

Native messaging app.

TekHawk

Reaction score

Native messaging app.

are you using Home++ or any other home replacement apps, any special notification widgets on your home screen, messenger plus widget, or save mms tools

ataris_kid

Reaction score

MotorolaDroid

Reaction score
im using handcent with stock home, and it has happened only once so far, and i use my task killer daily for somethings, handcent is unincludede with the killings

sportadic22

Reaction score
i had my first time ever today... after class i looked and they were all gone..
im useing Handcent.... SG 5.0.1 rom... adamz kernel.. 900mhz i do have a killer installed..
ive had my phone for 2 months now.. first time ever

dlawless08

Reaction score
This happens to me all the time and is very frustrating. I do not have any task killers installed. It does always give me the message that messaging is being forceclosed....This seriously needs to be fixed. I have people text me with addresses, phone #'s, and very important information. This "Droid" that I paid $349 for the week it came out and now you can buy 2 for $199...has not impressed me at all...wishing I had my "flip-phone" back....plus the monthly charges omg...not worth it....