Wow; This article is skewed.

jphudy

Reaction score
I've never used an iPhone and couldn't compare it with the Droid. I'm dumbfounded by how impressed I am with the Droid, however.

This article talks about the iPhone vs. Droid. It seems to me that the writer doesn't know too much about the Droid at all. I mean, it's clearly iPhone biased and nearly characterizes the Droid as not doing things that it does.

It's "iPhone wins", "iPhone wins", "iPhone wins"...........

Maybe we should make some internet waves for this writer!

Deathmatch: Motorola Droid versus iPhone

Last edited:

mjs31

Reaction score
I've never used an iPhone and couldn't compare it with the Droid. I'm dumbfounded by how impressed I am with the Droid, however.

This article talks about the iPhone vs. Droid. It seems to me that the writer doesn't know too much about the Droid at all. I mean, it's clearly iPhone biased and nearly characterizes the Droid as not doing things that it does.

It's "iPhone wins", "iPhone wins", "iPhone wins"...........

Maybe we should make some internet waves for this writer!

Deathmatch: Motorola Droid versus iPhone
I have used both and would not give up the Droid for the iPhone. I enjoyed the phone and it is a very nice phone, but it is so restricted. It is funny his most articles don't mention this part. Either way, they can deny all they want but the future is open OS not apples do it my way approach.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
The very opening statement sets the entire tone of his article

Here we go again: Another swaggering company claims to have the iPhone killer.

The article is just absurd. It would be different if he had some truth in that article but it is just flat out lies.

It's obvious somebody "out there" feels threatened by the Droid. I'm serious about this.....

qoncept

Reaction score
It's obvious the iPhone is feeling pressure when they drop the price within days of the Droid release. But, uh... who cares? You have a phone you like, how are you affected by what phone everyone else uses?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed the Apple is feeling the pressure, the article is way out too. The sad part is someone will read that one article and go get the IPhone. Also VZW has taken shots at the Iphone but it's not an IPhone killer. It a Droid :reddroid:

lauriep

Reaction score
The only difference that REALLY matters, IMO, is the fact that the Droid works nearly EVERYWHERE, and the iPhone works nearly nowhere outside of urban areas. If the phone won't work where you live/work, it doesn't matter how great the features and performance, it is basically worthless!

Jimbo

Reaction score
The only difference that REALLY matters, IMO, is the fact that the Droid works nearly EVERYWHERE, and the iPhone works nearly nowhere outside of urban areas. If the phone won't work where you live/work, it doesn't matter how great the features and performance, it is basically worthless!

Absolutely! I love the iphone but either it or ATT or both make the phone call ability inconsistent. I have had 3 iphone over a 18 month period hoping something had changed. I have found that many iphone users text more than talk. But for business I need a phone too.

The Droid has its faults but it is a device that I really like and no longer have a desire to get an iphone. It does everything I want it to well. I have to wonder about the publication as well as the writer.

qoncept

Reaction score
No way I'd switch from Verizon for any phone. I always go outside when I talk on the phone from force of habit when I had Sprint and HAD to be outside.

J

JohnDroid

I had an iPhone for 24 hours before I returned it. Hated it as a phone. Loved it as a mp3 player and "mini computer"

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
instead of lowering the price, why doesn't apple allow customization and open source? jailbroken iphone + cydia... is basically what android provides

andjarnic

Reaction score
I had a 3G, my wife still does. My wife went form anit-tech anything to loving her iPhone. She text messages on it all the time, and loves it for various games and such as well. As I think ALL of us Droid owners have said.. the iPhone is a great phone. It is. There are definitely some things it does better. The most important "win" for Apple with the iPhone in my opinion and it is why a lot of people will still buy it even if the Droid (and other Android phones) are better, it's their simplicity. Apple as we all know is amazing at design (with marekting a close 2nd). They continue to bring designs to devices that people just love and gotta have. The iPhone design is very good. Their user interface is the best for non-tech people. My grandma would do well to own an iPhone over a Droid. It's turn it on, click an icon, you're done. Simplistic, does the job, does it well and to boot it is a powerful device with full gaming capabilities and so forth.

Now, the Droid and similar powered android phones, as we all know are more inclined for technically capable people. That is NOT to say non-tech people can't use it. It's just a matter of how much you are willing to do to use a phone. Many people are fine with simple flip phones, they never use the camera, text message, etc. But hands down the Droid and future android sets are going to crush apple in a few areas that I think most of us already have mentioned. The first being customization. I said this before, I'll say it again... Droid (Android) is like MySpace on a phone for teens. When they see that they can change EVERY aspect of the phone, from the way it locks/unlocks, to the colors, the icons, they layout, etc.. they are going to be all over it. It's the next teenage crack! Of course, it mostly depends on parents paying and allowing their kids to have these. I gotta be honest.. the single feature why I am really thinking about my kids getting an Android 2.0 device (or maybe even 1.6.. not sure when this feature was available) is that google friends thing that allows you to see where your google friends are based on their phone gps. I've got no friends yet, but I paid Verizon for a service years back for a little green phone I got my daughter, to keep track of where the phone is. Basically, I am one of those paranoid parents who worries that if a disaster happens, or my kid is kidnapped (or worse, lying to me and going somewhere they shouldn't), I love the feeling of knowing that I can "find them" via this phone. I am not too keen on my kids having a phone like this so they can take videos in the girls bathroom (or OMFG worse.. doing something no parent wants to see them doing.. be it alone or with another person) and end up on Youtube or such. BUT, I think..not for sure..but I think I can actually delete the APK file(s) that provide the video camera functionality off the phone. I don't know for sure if that is possible yet, but I think that would be a good campaign for Android devices.. "Give your kid an Android phone.. you can see where they are on your phone's Map at any time... and you can remove the camera/video camera and other functionality that you don't want them to have". No other phone can do that. :D

Anyway, my rant is one that many of you have read or agree with I am sure. The Droid is a much better phone in so many ways, and yes, it has bugs and faults.. it will take time to iron them out. I know of very few devices I have ever bought that didn't have some sort of fault. At least with Android, other than the outer shell, we can customize the internal guts the way we like!!

Russell

Reaction score
I tried to read all of it but after a few pages there was no point. Did this guy play with the droid for 10 seconds in each section or what? I don't think the Droid is perfect but it's nothing like this article makes it out to be.

T6D16C84

Reaction score
I love how he says you can't switch apps without going to the homescreen, did this moron realize the long tap on the home button is how u multitask ...

Last edited: