Would you?

drunkclever

Reaction score
I need to upgrade my wife... I mean she needs an upgraded... I mean she has a really old phone and wants to upgrade it... lol

I like playing games and watching video on my phone, the S5. If I upgraded her to the G3... do you guys think I will be missing out on anything? Cause we also really, really like the HTC M one 8... cause of the speakers on the front.

She likes my phone, me... not so much. The battery life... I kind am a heavy user and charging my s5 2 times a day turns me off. Especially since I came from the RAZR maxx.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Personally. Are you looking to keep her on the unlimited data plan? If so, I get her the G2. Unless you just want to get her the best. You'll get a longer battery life and it's a medium size phone so she won't be overwhelmed with the larger phone size. The M8 is a nice phone, but it's super tall and HTC put the screen lock on the top making it impossible to lock the phone one handed unless you have super long fingers. The G3's nice and a good phone, but it's going to be a size issue for her again. If she's coming from a older phone, she's going to be use to a what, 4.7" screen? If you take her to the M8/G3/S5 that's going to be a huge jump in size. The G2's a nice alternative and it should be cheaper.

Now if you're just looking to put her on the latest and greatest, you can't go wrong with the G3. I just think you can probably save some money and keep your unlimited data, if you still have it, by going on Swappa and picking up a G2.

My 2 cents.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
If unlimited then I agree with Scott get her a good G2 or Moto X has a discount for phone ....if you are planning on S5 to her and new phone for you ..they are all very good choices ...but if you are charging the S5 twice a day I doubt you get different results from either M8 or G3...I can go two days with my M8 and absolutely love the phone ...but I don't play games ..I do browse plenty and listen to music on to and from work ..G3 will have the battery you can swap out for additional usage...keep us posted

M8 tap'd

OP
D

drunkclever

Reaction score
She's coming from a blackberry curve. we switched out of the original I had with unlimited because I was the only one with it. Each line that I would add add an additional charge. We were up to a lil over 270@month. Now we're around 200 with 5GB of data. So now I have an s5, my son had a go (dropped it) my daughter has a RAZR m and my wife wants to get rid of that BB curve. So I figured why not get the G3 or htc... and give her my s5? She like it alot. I don't know maybe get an extended battery for my s5 and get one for her? She doesn't mind the size as much as being in touch with her family.

I was hoping for a powerful newer phone that would have great battery life, well enough to satisfy me. I guess I just hope for to much?

And as far as how much data we used before vs now... we used much less before... so it was another reason to switch my plan.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
OK, so you're going to play the I get the upgrade and wifey gets my old phone thing? That sounds a lot like me. LOL The G3 is a great phone, but I don't know if the battery will last that much longer than your S5. I don't have any experience with the S5. There are many though that have it, so we'll see what they chime in with.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Good old BB curve ...I can't blame her on the S5 it will be a big jump ..I don't know tough call for you ..all 3 phones have their positives ..speakers on M8 are great ..non removable battery though might be problem for you ...one of our staff @jntdroid has S5 and just got G3 ..he might be able to give you his thoughts after using G3 .

QUOTE="jntdroid, post: 2542554, member: 6110"]Long time no "see"... :) Got mine as well, alongside the S5 - can't figure out which I want to keep.

It's an awesome device but does have its quirks for sure... and the quirks all seem related to the screen, which is pretty incredible. But all around it's a sleek, VERY nice device. I think scotty summed it up really well.[/QUOTE]

http://www.droidforums.net/index.php?threads/271438/
The Official "I got my LG G3" Thread!

M8 tap'd