Would You Consider The iPhone 7 Pro Over the Note 6?

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The Apple Note7 w/o a place for the pen would be a waste, but I would like the tech to be added, anything for increased competition, which there hasn't been for a while...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I thought they patented it before they invented it.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
No first it's telepathy, then they invent and finally patent.. It's the usual process..

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
No first it's telepathy, then they invent and finally patent.. It's the usual process..
At what point do the lawyers get involved, isn't that also part of the Apple / Samsung love?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
At what point do the lawyers get involved, isn't that also part of the Apple / Samsung love?

Only if both do the telepathy thing the at same time..

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Was wondering how long it'd take you to join this thread.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Only if they gave me it for free.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Was wondering how long it'd take you to join this thread.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
I did first with the post below.
The Apple Note7 w/o a place for the pen would be a waste, but I would like the tech to be added, anything for increased competition, which there hasn't been for a while...

Note 6 probably for me this year, but an AppleNote is intriguing...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did first with the post below.

Note 6 probably for me this year, but an AppleNote is intriguing...

Did you ever get an iPad Pro? How much was the pen? Will they improve the charging method vs having to buy a charging adapter to keep it from sticking out like a sore thumb while being charged? Will it also be a Bluetooth connection? How much "using time" between charges? Is the pen really useful besides writing and drawing? How do the pencil apps differ from their non pencil counterparts or is it the same, just extra abilities on a Pro vs a non Pro model?
I'm so used to the S Pen being integrated into my Notes I can't imagine finding the Pro pencil useful. I use, tuck inside the phone, use when needed again. Having the battery go dead on my S Pen because I forgot to charge it or trying to remember where I laid the darn thing down would have driven me away from the Notes long before buying a second model. I loved the feature on my Note8 so much I got a Note2 then Note4.
If you've got an iPad Pro how often do you use the pencil for work?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Did you ever get an iPad Pro? How much was the pen? Will they improve the charging method vs having to buy a charging adapter to keep it from sticking out like a sore thumb while being charged? Will it also be a Bluetooth connection? How much "using time" between charges? Is the pen really useful besides writing and drawing? How do the pencil apps differ from their non pencil counterparts or is it the same, just extra abilities on a Pro vs a non Pro model?
I'm so used to the S Pen being integrated into my Notes I can't imagine finding the Pro pencil useful. I use, tuck inside the phone, use when needed again. Having the battery go dead on my S Pen because I forgot to charge it or trying to remember where I laid the darn thing down would have driven me away from the Notes long before buying a second model. I loved the feature on my Note8 so much I got a Note2 then Note4.
If you've got an iPad Pro how often do you use the pencil for work?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
I do not like the way they charge the pin on the iPad Pro. Afraid I will break the charging port. I loved the Galaxy Note 10.1. The only thing I did not like and made me not want another GNOTE 10.1 is the slow updates. If I ever got another Tablet I would purchase a Surface or iPad, but for my phone it will always be Galaxy Notes.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
No iPad/iPad Pro for me, certainly someone will have that info. I was going for a Samsung Tab A with Pen to replace the stolen GTabS2, but opted for a discounted TabA w/o pen...
Maybe the Note 6 will be my first foray into penville? We will see what this fall tech season brings...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do not like the way they charge the pin on the iPad Pro. Afraid I will break the charging port. I loved the Galaxy Note 10.1. The only thing I did not like and made me not want another GNOTE 10.1 is the slow updates. If I ever got another Tablet I would purchase a Surface or iPad, but for my phone it will always be Galaxy Notes.

Do you use your Pro for business? I found that Cad app ability intriguing but couldn't really see the S Pen features I use on my Notes using on as tablet. I rarely use them on my Note8 anymore though I use the pen, as a stylus, daily on it. Sometimes user the scroll up/down feature or a screen shot but it's nowhere as useful and usable on the fly as the one on the Note4. Like you said, lack of update on the tablet has kept the pen like the antiqued Note2. That note writing ability on the Note5 with the screen off is something I'm looking forward to on my next Note as I doubt it'll ever be implemented on this phone.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Do you use your Pro for business? I found that Cad app ability intriguing but couldn't really see the S Pen features I use on my Notes using on as tablet. I rarely use them on my Note8 anymore though I use the pen, as a stylus, daily on it. Sometimes user the scroll up/down feature or a screen shot but it's nowhere as useful and usable on the fly as the one on the Note4. Like you said, lack of update on the tablet has kept the pen like the antiqued Note2. That note writing ability on the Note5 with the screen off is something I'm looking forward to on my next Note as I doubt it'll ever be implemented on this phone.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
No I use my Gnote4 for business. I messed around with iPad Pro my co-worker has. I was impressed. Still like my Note better since I am used to it. Still need to mess around with it some more to give an full opinion.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No I use my Gnote4 for business. I messed around with iPad Pro my co-worker has. I was impressed. Still like my Note better since I am used to it. Still need to mess around with it some more to give an full opinion.

I guess I'm at a different spot in my life. If it's not useful for business I'm not interested at this point. My leisure time is more spending time with my kids or being near or on the water now. The next big thing only gets my interest if it'll make my job easier.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><