Would You Consider The iPhone 7 Pro Over the Note 6?

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
With the rumors going around about both of these phones. Would Any one Consider The iPhone 7 Pro Over the Galaxy Note 6?

My answer is no! With no microSD slot and big battery. I am sticking with the GNOTE 6!

iPhone 7 Pro feature may give Galaxy Note 6 users a wake-up call

iphonepro2.jpg

The release of the iPhone 7 Pro - or iPhone 7 Plus, whatever they end up calling it - could be a wake-up call for Android-loving Samsung users worldwide. Why? Because Apple could be invading one of the areas the Samsung Galaxy Note still holds sway over in the smart device universe. The iPhone 7 Pro's ability to work with the Apple Pencil, for example, could be Apple's inroad to taking command of the Android phablet userbase.

Is the iPad Pro with Apple Pencil a better solution for illustrating high-quality design and art work than the Samsung Galaxy Note 5? Yes. Not because the technology is more advanced, necessarily - both have their ups and downs. But because the iPad Pro is big enough to act as a real canvas for large-scale works.

The Galaxy Note 6 is still made for notes, primarily. Can Samsung create a larger canvas with the same technology? Yes of course they can. I wish they would. They made a Galaxy Note 10.1 and a Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 not too long ago, and they were pretty awesome for what they were meant for.

Now Apple is getting closer and closer to matching the Galaxy Note smartphone line. They've got the Pencil. They've made the larger-screened smartphone.

If what we're seeing in renderings of the iPhone 7 Pro (or iPhone 7 Plus) are accurate, there's no reason why Apple wouldn't include the same featured connectivity between the Apple Pencil and the iPad Pro here, on a slightly smaller scale.

galaxynote6lite-1-1.jpg

ABOVE: Rumored Samsung Galaxy Note 6 Lite (another possibility for this Autumn)

Will Apple make an iPhone with a space to hold the Apple Pencil inside? No. That'd be madness. Will they continue to suggest that the Apple Pencil does not necessarily need to be carried, physically attached, to the device it works with? Yes, probably.

threeup-1-1.jpg

Can an iPhone 7 Pro with Apple Pencil connection convince throngs of Android users waiting for the Galaxy Note 6 to arrive that Apple has the device they seek?

We'll just have to wait and see!

Source

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
If Apple decides to release a "Pro" version with 128G or more of storage, The lack of an SD would not be a deal killer...

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
If Apple decides to release a "Pro" version with 128G or more of storage, The lack of an SD would not be a deal killer...
Sticking point is price... especially if it starts at $300 more than the Note 6. That's a reason I'll never buy an iPhone. Overpriced for the specs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I still don't get how Apple thinks the pen doesn't need to be attached to the device... I know I would leave the pen at home then be somewhere needing to take a note and be like "gah!!!...forgot my pen again!!"

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still don't get how Apple thinks the pen doesn't need to be attached to the device... I know I would leave the pen at home then be somewhere needing to take a note and be like "gah!!!...forgot my pen again!!"

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
You can just buy another one for the low low price of $99.99. I'm sure some aftermarket company will make a .03 lanyard for it and charge $30 and the sheep will swear they got a bargain.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the idea but would want it attached

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
I have a resistive touch screen hand held computer at work and I use the stylus pen from my old Omnia . It has a lanyard that I attached to the side and the stylus tip snaps into the cap at the end of the lanyard. I can't imagine carrying a pen of any kind in my pants pocket, especially a skinny, expensive electronic one. I'm sure there'll be a cover with built in pen holder on the side made by someone. It'll be new, it'll be available in a gazillion colors and it'll be over priced.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Are they gonna charge $100 for the pen for the phone too? & Does it charge by sticking out of the lightning port?

Wait. I don't care...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
No, I think the new iPhone will be telepathic. All you need to do is think about what you want on the screen...

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm hearing the iPhone 8 will be the one with a major redesign..

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, I think the new iPhone will be telepathic. All you need to do is think about what you want on the screen...
I would tend to agree since Apple did invent telepathy .

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><