Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm going to cast the only "No" vote to date. Ha ha.

The phone is fantastic. Almost everything about it is top notch.

However, mine is going back tomorrow. There are two main reasons why:

1) The camera. I use the camera on my smartphone a lot both personally and for work. I need one that takes quality shots reliably (which is why I still often have to carry around an iPhone 5S as a work phone). The camera on the Turbo is the best Moto has ever had in a phone, but it still falls short of other current flagships. I've been testing it side by side with the Note 4 for a week, and while it's adequate, it falls far behind the Note. I'd like a phone I can use both for personal use and for work, and the Note 4 will be able to fill that need (allowing me to get rid of the iPhone 5S). The Turbo can't.

2) The screen is gorgeous...when you're not in bright sunlight. I'm outside a lot, and I need to be able to see my screen easily when I am (especially for work). The screen on the Turbo only gets about half as bright as the screen on the Note 4 at full brightness (and this isn't even taking into account the super brightness that the Note 4 can achieve).

If those two things aren't issues for you, the Turbo is a fantastic device. I'm just happy to have so many choices out there on Android that allow us to pick the phones that focus on features that we each find important.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
You're Correct - Lots of great choices. The size of the note4 would be "no".
I am at Max size on this Turbo. I migrated my adjustments but know I'm at the end size wise. My son just got an iPhone 6+ (Rediculous) I gotta stop laughing though he's gonna get mad at me. The other night I held up a restaurant menu and pretended to call him.

krnmc

Reaction score
I am at Max size on this Turbo. I migrated my adjustments but know I'm at the end size wise. My son just got an iPhone 6+ (Rediculous) I gotta stop laughing though he's gonna get mad at me. The other night I held up a restaurant menu and pretended to call him.
Lolll I laughed during classed right when I read the menu part...><

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

Yeah they are pretty big. I hate to say it but I actually considered a iPhone 6 for a minute. But the regular is too small and the Plus is too big. And at the end of the day I like to tinker and customize too much. I would never be happy. I must say I have always been envious of the iPhone camera. Why none of the big smartphone manufacturers have been able to put a high quality shooter in an android device is beyond me. The best I have owned to date is the LG G2. And even it fell short in some areas.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
That's how I feel, but I've relaxed my stance significantly over the years. I have a picture of myself somewhere where I took one of my 15" monitors at work, and took a selfie holding it up to my ear. This was back when the original Note came out and I was positive the whole phablet craze would die a quick and painful death. Boy was I wrong! This was also back when I was absolutely positive I would never purchase a phone larger than 4 inches. Nowadays I'm up to a 5.2" S5 and having spent some hands on time with the Note 4, I can honestly say I wouldn't mind using one as a daily driver. (With Bluetooth of course!) I still think they are ridiculously big if you intend to use one to make a phone call without a BT.

S5 tap'n

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
One (there is only one) advantage of being old is .... you finally know yourself pretty well. I know where I've drawn the line size wise for my DD phone (that does other stuff) Now, IF I ever buy a laptop that I can make phone calls with ... I guess we'll see.:)

OP
DESERPENTOR

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Everyone loving it? It looks like an amazing device.