Would really appreciate some advice

wayneman

Reaction score
I have been watching the UTube videos on the Motorola Droid vs other phones...along with reading a lot of posts on this Forum..trying to get educated on subjects...I know absolutey nothing about! I am in my 70's and decided to challenge myself to start learning about smart phones.
Don't laugh...I presently use a "Dare" with Verizon. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the different models that I could use with Verizon...(Verizon has the best reception up on Beech Mtn., NC.)
by watching videos on UTube and asking questions of the Verizon people.
Have learned a lot more on U-Tube then talking to Verizon sales people!
My objective is to have a phone that would allow me to trade options with Etrade...when I am away from my laptop.

OK. Please help me out here...I would like a phone.... that has the Mobile
ETrade App. (I posted a msg. about this on the Forum..but rec'd no comments)....I have been fascinated reading info on this Forum about the new Motorola Droid... and because of its "fast browser..vs the Blackberries). But since the Droid does not have the Mobile Etrade app...and Verizon says it has no plans at present to provide it....I am trying to get some advice.... by asking.....what phone do you guys think has the fastest browser with the Etrade App?
I am not rulinng out the Motorola Droid...just need some advice, please.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I would tell you that the Droid would have the fastest browser by a long shot. But if it doesn't have the Etrade app then it kinda defeats the purpose in your situation...

OP
W

wayneman

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response! Can you think of another phone with the App. that would be the next closest in browser speed?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm honestly not sure what device would have the app. I know this, and it might help you narrow the phones down a bit. If one Android phone doesn't have the app, then none of the other Android phones will be able to get the app either. Because all Android phones have the same app store, the Market. And the Market will have the same apps no matter what Android device you are on.

dkscudder

Reaction score
wayneman,

You may already realize this, but just to be clear:

etrade hasn't yet written an app for Android phones. When (or if) they do, it would be available for any recent Android phone, not just the Droid. Verizon has nothing to do with it.

You might want to check out the mobile version of their site and see if it has the features you need. If it does, an app may not be essential. You could also poke around the etrade site and see if they have talked about making an Android app. I'm sure they've been asked, and it is possible they are already working on it.

Good luck with whatever phone you pick . . .

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
The only phone I know of right now that has an etrade app would be the iphone and that's not on verizon so not sure what to tell ya. Maybe try blackberry but I highly doubt they have it either.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Check out the palm pre plus.

ValkF6

Reaction score
Wayne, you can place options trades on E*Trade's mobile version of its web site right now. I haven't compared the phone version with the computer version, but their mobile web gives you all the basic functions.

OP
W

wayneman

Reaction score
Wayne, you can place options trades on E*Trade's mobile version of its web site right now. I haven't compared the phone version with the computer version, but their mobile web gives you all the basic functions.

Thanks..I've been looking at the tutorials on U-Tube and talking to Etrade folks about Mobile Pro and Etrade on-line and I am going to go with the Blackberry Storm 2....thanks for your feedback!